teenage runaways | Teen Ink

teenage runaways

May 9, 2013
By Desiree1997 BRONZE, Connersville, Indiana
Desiree1997 BRONZE, Connersville, Indiana
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
we have nothing to fear but fear itself.


Teens are running away from home for so many reasons and s there parents don't even know why they are running away. HI my name is Desiree Leonard and i am 16 years old and i am going to tell you about teen runaways and why they are running away from home. And the reason i am writing about teen run away is because i have been running away from home since i was 12 years old. Some teens run away from home because of family issues or because they are getting treated bad at school like getting bullied. Bulling and family issues is one of the biggest reasons teens run away from home. The reason that i ran away from home was i was tired of life and i wanted to travel, and be a teenager for once in my life. Yes it was hard the first time but 3 or 4 times of running it got easier and i became really good at it and i did not get caught unless i wanted to get caught. but now i am almost 17 years old and running away gets really boring. But teens run away all the time yeah it does not make it right but, sit back and ask yourself why is my teen running away from home, what is on there mind, was it me or are they just going through a rough time and need help to get through it. Some teens run away from home because they feel like their parents are too over protective so they run so they can be a teenager, i know from experience that was one of the reasons i ran was my dad was really protective, he did not let me do anything he said that there is too many bad people out there. I think that i am old enough to take care of myself i am a big girl i am not 12 anymore i am almost 17. A lot of the girls at my school tell me that they are going to run i honestly don't know why they tell me what is going on in there life but i am glad they come to me for help, i always talk them out of things like running away from home. When i was younger and i started to run away from home it was not easy i did not plan it out so i had no food or water or anything i had no where to go so i always went back. If you have a teen that wants to run away try to stop them from doing it. Tell them what can happen to them if they run away from home. Tell them that they are putting their lives in danger and something really bad can happen to them if they run away, like they can get kidnapped or even murdered. There has been a lot of girls and boys that have been found dead in a ditch somewhere. Or even sold in human trafficking as a sex slave. Being a run away is not worth the damage that you cause your family and your self, i understand how hard it is to turn the other cheek and be good i have been there know and i hope i never run away again i caused a lot of heartache. Every since i started to run away my life was a mess and now all i want is my life back, i ant to be normal again i used to be the type of person that was never in trouble i loved school and i was always afraid of running away but, now it's like i don't care anymore about anything but i know one day i will be back to normal.










REMEBER TEENS DONT RUN AWAY FROM HOME IT IS NOT WORHT IT I PROMISE IF YOU RUN YOU ARE THROWING YOUR LIFE AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!