Re-gripping a Tennis Racquet for Those Easily Frustrated with Seemingly Sim

During the course of every tennis players’ life, they will have to go through the frustrating task of tearing off an old and crusty grip-tape and replacing it with a sticky and tacky new one. A seemingly simple, two-minute task can easily be transformed into a daunting one; one that will make you pay a few dollars for a local tennis pro to re-grip all of your racquets because you are not confident in your re-gripping abilities.

The first step in this process is to understand when your grip needs to be replaced. Any tearing or flaking of the grip is an automatic sign that it needs to go. If you serve a ball and by the time the ball leaves your racquet, you notice that your racquet also seems to have departed, it is a sign that you need a new grip (your sweaty hands had a hard time keeping hold). Once you have evaluated the usefulness of your current grip, decide one what kind of grip you need. If your hands never get wet, get a sticky grip, one that will cling to your fingers. If you sweat a lot, tacky grip will not help, you need a dry and chalky one, (sweat bonds and adheres it). Now it’s time to take your anger and frustration obtained from the prior steps to tear that old grip-tape off. Do whatever fits your fancy; knives, scissors, sharp toenails, and teeth all work fine. Once you throw the old one in the incinerator (or whatever you do with things you absolutely hate and need to get rid of), unwrap the new grip and unwind it so it is fully extended.
Like the small intestine, the grip is extremely long but is compacted to fit a 9-inch handle on a tennis racquet. Do not be alarmed or confused at how a 36-inch grip will fit on a 9-inch racquet. Take the bottom adhesive sticker off and attach it to the bottom of the racquet. Carefully turn the racquet while keeping the grip tight; slightly overlap the grip below, a few millimeters will do. When you reach the top, take your sharp tool of choice, and cut off the excess. Then take the racquet tape and wrap that around the top. You are done.
The hardest part in re-gripping a racquet is not the physical task; it is everything you do before. It prepares you, gets you in the mental mindset for doing this simple yet frustrating task. Good luck, and may your grip last you long.