Section of the Book I'm Working On | Teen Ink

Section of the Book I'm Working On

April 29, 2013
By TevyRae PLATINUM, Pittsfield, Pennsylvania
TevyRae PLATINUM, Pittsfield, Pennsylvania
24 articles 7 photos 80 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Here is a small fact: You are going to die." ~The Book Thief
"You have no stupidity inside of your adorable little self." ~Mikey Pasterik


Tessa says she felt a demon in the church yesterday. Apparently I’m not the only one who can feel them. Perhaps I’m not crazy after all, but that is debatable.

While walking through the church to get to the classroom used for science, I noticed something. Or perhaps something noticed me. Either way, while I was headed down the stairs, something on the wall caught my eye. I don’t remember what it was. It may have been a slight crack or chip in one of those ugly cement blocks, or how dirty the wall looked, or the horrible yellow paint job. Whatever it was, I stopped mid step to study it. Then it hit me (not literally, of course).

The walls. The demons are in the walls at this very moment.

Then there was that voice. It somehow snuck through my brain. “Yes. We’re here. We’re right here.” The nonverbal sound echoed through my mind. The walls. A shiver ran down my body, starting at my shoulders and down to my feet.

After recovering from this horrifying experience, I continued to science class, where I sat and bit my fingernails down to little nubbins as I imaged blowing the church up with hundreds of dynamite sticks.