Perfect Life | Teen Ink

Perfect Life

By KateKlosterman SILVER, Wyndmere, North Dakota
KateKlosterman SILVER, Wyndmere, North Dakota

Be impossible because impossible just means I'm possible.

I don’t wish for a perfect life. I neither own nor desire a perfect life. I know I will not receive everything I want. I know every decision I choose will not result in success. Every move I make won’t be right. I know that my life isn’t perfect. I never said I wanted perfect. All I want is acceptance, acceptance of who I am, what I am, and the people in my life. I want to feel like I’m giving something rather than always accepting. I want to find my own way out of difficultly and solve the puzzle that is given to me. I’m tired of being told how to fix myself. I’m tired of explaining my past. I shouldn’t have to explain my past; I don’t live there anymore. I should not have to sit and listen to what the people around me are saying or doing. I am my own person; I shouldn’t be compared to them. I don’t deserve to feel like whatever drama is going on between them is my fault. If I were there I’d do something about it, but how can I when people still try to protect me from it. I don’t need to be protected anymore. I shouldn’t be. I need to learn how to fight, how to deal, and how to accept. I’m not sure I’ll get all I want out of life but I’ll try my best. I want to be tested, challenged, and second-guessed. That’s my kind of motivation. The type where everyone thinks you’re crazy and you have no chance at what you want. Proving people wrong is one of the best feelings anyone can ask for. That’s when life isn’t perfect. If it were perfect people would tell you could do it. People would already hand you the prize. At that point, what you did meant nothing. It had no reward. I want to end my life with a reward. I want to go satisfied. I want to leave this place with significance. I don’t need to be famous. I want to just make someone’s life better. Just one. I don’t wish for a perfect life. I wish for simplicity. It doesn’t matter who I was, it matters who I am and who I will be. We focus too much on the past. Grudges make us negative and bitter. Grudges make us ugly. Why are we choosing to be ugly when we have the option to be beautiful? I believe that if one focuses on what others say it makes us weak. Why be weak when strength is within reach? Say what you want about me but don’t expect me to change. I know I’ll change over the years but I hope that change is for the better. I don’t wish for a perfect life. I just wish for something to live for.

Take challenges as they come. Don't pass up an opportunity.