A Thing to Remember

I can remember it like it was yesterday. The first time I held you I was terrified I was going to drop you, but I never did. We've been through a lot together and you were always like my own son..though I've never had one. I felt like you were the little brother I never had. I am proud to say I was there for you.

We've never gotten along very well, but that was something I expected. I only regret not spending more time with you. You were a little trouble maker with me..Always.
But looking back at every time you would act out, there was a reason. I never blamed you. And being away from you for so long has really made me stop and think about it all. You were and always will be my baby boy.

Paul Michael, I miss you. I miss my baby boy and all the trouble you would get me into. Because being without you has made me realize that you were always there to help me. And I want more than anything right now to be able to help you and your little brother and sister.

I know how tough it can be to have to be the responsible one. And I knew when I left it would be hard for you to be the big guy of the house instead of me. (even though I'm a girl) I know it's a big job. But you can do it and if you ever need help, I'm here for you.

You're my baby boy, my inspiration, and my little brother. I miss you.