Memories | Teen Ink

Memories

December 11, 2012
By Pitlov622 BRONZE, Pelham, New Hampshire
Pitlov622 BRONZE, Pelham, New Hampshire
3 articles 0 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
Life is not about waiting for the storm to end, it's about learning to dance in the rain!!! (written by someone else, not me)...


I believe in memories.

Memories make us who we are. What kind of memories we keep and how hard we try to make new ones defines who we become. Some people will say that memories bring nothing but regret, but I think differently. I believe I shouldn’t give up a precious memory just so I can get a new one; I should treasure the memories and never let them go. Holding on tight throughout my life and adding to the list of memories as I grow older. People come and go in my life, but memories stay with me no matter what happens. They get stored in my mind and my heart and as long as my brain keeps thinking and my heart keeps beating then the memories will never leave me.

Even bad memories will stay with me forever, but that’s a good thing. Good memories will keep me happy, but bad memories will teach me lessons. When I was about seven, I was at a friend’s house. It was the first time I had ever been at her house before. Her little sister had a friend over too, and they were bothering us, so we decided to scare them. We told my friend’s sister that we were going to cut her hands off if she and her friend didn’t leave us alone. They didn’t go away so we went down stairs and got a knife. Don’t worry, we weren’t actually planning on cutting her hands off, we just wanted to scare her into leaving us alone. Well, we didn’t even make it to the bottom of the stairs before we got caught by my friend’s mother and we both got in big trouble.
I held onto that memory, no matter how embarrassing, because I knew that I would never do anything without thinking first ever again, because truth is that we only did that stuff because we weren’t thinking. I feel that I would have made a lot more mistakes that would have made more bad memories for me. I think my life would be very unhappy if I had not remembered that moment and made more mistakes like it.

I have the choice to live a happy life. Keeping hold of my memories and the moments that bring me happiness will allow me to live life to the fullest. No one can keep hold of my memories for me. I have to take the responsibility of making my own life the happiest it can be. That’s the only way anyone can truly live.