Daydreamer's Imagination | Teen Ink

Daydreamer's Imagination

By Julie Spitzer BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Julie Spitzer BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Everything I do, I do out of spontaneity. The adventures I’ve had, the risks I’ve taken, the memories I’ve made, I wouldn’t trade for anything. And boy, I’ve been on some wild rides.
I pretty much saved my best friend’s life. I do everything with her; she’s like my sister. One hot, summer afternoon, we were taking a walk, and found ourselves completely and utterly lost. The forest was strange; neither of us had ever been there. Suddenly, we heard a rustling from behind. I jumped and Savannah slowly turned to find two beautiful white unicorns staring back at us. She glanced at me, as if to read my mind. We both hopped on the majestic animals as they galloped deeper into the bizarre woods.
Out of the corner of my eye, I caught glimpse of an odd little man. A garden gnome! Alive! With a blue hat! He halted the gentle giants and warned us to leave. Night was upon the weird and wonderful land, which meant only one thing: dragons.
We directed our unicorns to the direction in which we came and sent forth out of the magical forest. However, by this hour, only the dim moon, and the occasional fairy, lit the woodland.
We continued onward at full speed, until Savannah’s unicorn, who was leading the way, began to go crazy, throwing her from itself and galloping away. I, being afraid of horses, demounted and allowed mine to follow its companion. Sprinting to her side, I saw the most eerie of caves. I peered inside to find a sleeping, scaly beast. Savannah, in pain from being flung from her unicorn, shrieked, awakening the monster. A dragon! Breathing fire! Flying towards us!
I had no weapon, so I quickly look around for something to use. I noticed a glimmer in the moon light, a sword propped up against the tree.
I grabbed the sword and positioned myself. Nervously, I held the bludgeon outward as the dragon flew straight at me, stabbing him in the heart. The brute crashed to the ground and lie there, lifelessly.
Creatures of the forest slowly began to appear from their nearby tree-homes and underground abodes to cheer on the miraculous defeat of the wicked reptile. I was a hero! A champion! A savior!
None of this would have happened had it not have been for my naivety, free-spiritedness or cunningly genius mind. More so, it would not have occurred if not for my drop-dead boring Calculus class, my inability to pay attention or my daydreamer’s imagination.