Losing Life To Facebook

Stories are an extraordinary domain. I am not extraordinary.
The biggest task of all is admitting that you are not perfect and you too have problems to deal with.
I have read essays, articles, stories about people dealing with addiction to drugs, alcohol and cigarettes. My problem is fairly simple but is life threatening. It is none other than the World-Wide-Web. You probably don't notice but it gradually destroys your life little by little. It's symptoms are nothing great, just that you are losing your precious time. I feel the need to share my thoughts constantly and I feel the laptop screen's brightness soothes my nerves and probably makes me more creative. It makes me feel connected and a part of the world. I feel that my thoughts are heard and emotions cared for. It gives you a kick to know that you know everyone and anyone. It portrays the perfect image of equality, where everyone is given the same amount of attention and space. You feel as important as XYZ is. Biase-ness is the great Indian tragedy, and Internet is the American dream. I probably just want to save our memories for eternity, in a place which will never evolve or change. I didn't realise as I went away from books, from people, from things which mattered and devoted my time to television and internet. My grades fell and my mind succumbed to never thinking out of the box and my creativity lost itself in the muddle of facebook posts. Right now, I am at the stage of rediscovering my lost self, and my first love-books, making sure that my time is well spent. Life is too short to have regrets.

Chaitali said...
May 12 at 8:56 pm
Tanvi! You are an awesome writer dude!  So true... Try reading my articles n suggest me some things too...Good Luck :)

TanviKusumThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Sep. 26 at 1:39 pm
Thabks very much Chaitali :)

hippo said...
May 9 at 4:17 pm
Who even uses facebook?????????? I mean seriously??????

devonwhatever25 said...
This is good stuff!

IlovemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:42 am
Thanks Devon! :)

dolphincrazy226 said...
Good point, that's definetly thinking out of the box;) If you could omit the first two sentences, then the main idea might flow a little easier.  Other than that, if you could mention how important life is when you mention the essays about drugs and alcohol, that point may also be emphasized, as I think that is your main focus.  also, if you mention more about how the internet is a false feel-good, then it might work persuasively towards your message. Nice job and way to make p... (more »)

Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:40 am
Dolphin, you just made my life a lot easier by pointing out what could be improved, thanks for the critisism :)

dolphincrazy226 replied...
Always glad to help:)  Keep writing!!!!

Cami98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
this is really good and very true:) thanks  

Oct. 8, 2012 at 5:41 am
thanks Cami!! :D

IlovemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I should too..:/ thaankss :)

BlueSunset said...
Sept. 30, 2012 at 8:30 am
Very well said! Many people now a days are addicted to these social networks and it's hard to get off them as well! I think it's about time someone said something about this problem, well written and good job! Keep it up xx

Oh Thanks so much! and yeah i is :)

hypermagical said...
Deep stuff, I should probly get off the computer right now....

I should too..:/ Thaanks :)

MustachioedPenguin said...
Sept. 22, 2012 at 11:32 am
This is VERY true!

haha yeah, thanks penguin! :D