Don't Limit Yourself

It feels almost impossible to imagine how diverse my life could be, if I had not enveloped my full potential to do all I could have done. Would I be happy? Would I be despaired? Would I be the same person I am today?

The effects of one’s actions are immeasurable. With such small action, we can create an enormous impact. I believe that there are no limitations in life, in a life where “Why?” is asked as opposed to “Why Not?” Life is the greatest treasure of all, and it is it too short to be spent in regret.

Remembering back a week ago, driving home, I noticed a man on the pavement. His hands were bare, while surrounded by discard. As my car approached him, I was able to make out his cardboard sign: “JUST HUNGRY”.

My heart ached for him. There I was, confined within my car, with new clothes, toiletries, and toys, yet that man could not even afford a decent meal. Without hesitation, I reached out and gave him the only item I could scavenge in the car. His eyes lit up, as his smile stretched out fully. And I knew. I knew he was truly happy. And I knew it was because of me.

That night, I fell asleep reminiscing about all that had happened. I felt pleased with myself. Proud, even. Had I just driven by, without taking the time to give him a granola bar, would he be starving? Would he be starving the next morning, as well? That, among many actions, is something I know that I will not regret.

I believe in living life to its fullest, without limitations and regret. I believe in taking chances. To do the unthinkable, impossible, and unknown. This, I believe.

This article has 1 comment. Post your own!

Shadowpomgurl said...
ohhh! very well-written, and mad poignant! <3