What's Happening to Me? | Teen Ink

What's Happening to Me?

By SheetsOfSecrets SILVER, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
SheetsOfSecrets SILVER, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

"Never sacrifice what you want, just because someone has a problem with it" - Anonymous
"Nothing is impossible. The word itself says 'I'm possible'" - Anonymous

I'm tired of being tired! I'll lay in bed for hours trying to get sleep to come, but it never does. With each passing day the agony of sleepiness continues to tear me apart. Maybe I have insomnia, or depression perhaps. It's hard to put on a bright, smiling face when you can hardly keep your eyelids open!
Maybe THIS is why my fuse is so short. Sometimes I feel like a cannon, ready to fling someone across the room if they ever dare to cross my path. My whole body feels like it doesn't belong to me; pains I've never felt before. Is it even possible to feel numbness and pain at the same time?
Oh, man! Maybe I'm crazy! Maybe I'm on the brink of it! I'm so unsure of myself on so many levels, and I no longer know how to handle myself!

It is still not known today what is wrong with me. Some days I sleep fine, other days not so much. Considering I hadn't seen a doctor in a year, it was no wonder I didn't feel right. Soon after writing this, my mother took me to see our Primary Care Physician. He diagnosed me with "stressed-out-teenager-itis" and sent me on my way. I still think there's something wrong with me, but until the PCP says so, I'll have to grow a thick skin and accept my life as-is.

on Mar. 25 2012 at 2:49 pm
aurum_angel BRONZE, Hingham, Massachusetts

'I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you–Nobody–Too?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d advertise–you know!

How dreary–to be–Somebody!
How public–like a Frog-
To tell one’s name–the livelong June-
To an admiring Bog!'
-Emily Dickinson

*thumbs up*

Nice job, cool piece! Keep on writing!

on Mar. 25 2012 at 1:06 pm
Blue4indigo PLATINUM, Sturbridge, Connecticut

I'd rather be sorry for something that I did than for something I didn't do.
-Red Scott

This is great, you have a nice voice and style of writing!

I look forward to reading some more, and maybe some longer work :)

Privyet BRONZE said...
on Mar. 25 2012 at 12:57 pm
Privyet BRONZE, Bethesda, Maryland
wow, i'm really liking this, it's really realistic and definitely refreshing. I can't say i've heard a poem about this sort of thing before :P but this one puts me inyour shoes. Good job!