A Loner's Prayer

Just recently, I've woken up to realize a change within my group of friends, and after thinking about it for a while, I came to a realization. I think I've probably become kind of a drag - a dead weight.
It's true I'm sure. My friends don't want to hear about my problems - especially while their lives are still so simple while mine in twisted, vague, and unsure. I think lately I've been trying to find somewhere sturdy and comfortable to lean, but my friends can't carry my weight and they can't let themselves be weighed down by me.
From now on, I need to straighten my back and stand tall. Let my journal be my only walking stick. Let my stories be the path stretching out before me. Let my poems be the birds' songs coming from the trees. Let the beauty of the world around me be the cool breeze at my back. Let my faith and my God be the sun shining down warmly on me, guiding my way. Oh, let me be strong, for besides these factors, I walk alone.

RedFeather said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 7:36 am:
Thanks, and I know that, but I also know that they have their own problems, which I would like to be able to help them with if I could, but I'm not willing to be a further burden to those not willing to carry the extra weight for awhile, and they're not willing to let me help with most things. I'm not really upset about it though; I'm more of a loner most of the time anyway.

savetheplanet said...
Feb. 6, 2012 at 12:27 am:
While I commend you for your courage in trying to walk alone, you shouldn't have too. That's what friends are for, someone to carry you when you cannot. And when they are in their time of need, you do the same for them. If your friends are complaining about their role as a friend, then they must not be real friends.