Empowered to Do the Impossible | Teen Ink

Empowered to Do the Impossible

TheGirlWhoDancesWithSnowflakes SILVER, Sunnyvale, Texas

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
- C. S. Lewis

I want to run out in the pouring rain stark naked.

I want to feel each individual raindrop kiss my caramel skin and I want to feel the cold mud slipping between my toes. I want to jump in puddles and dance and scream with joy without worrying about perfection and my image. I want to sing with the thunder and laugh with the lightning. I want the stormy night to wrap me in a blanket of mystery and I want to be that crazy girl who obsesses about the song of the storm.

I want to howl to the moon and catch a falling star in my hands.

I want to grab hold of the fleeting comet and make impossible wishes that I know won’t come true and I want to be one with the wind that kisses me cheeks.

I want to fly across the green plains with the stallions and I want to swim with the mermaids in the lost city of Atlantis.

I want to pretend that airplanes in the night sky are shooting stars so I can wish for him to be with tonight.

I want to throw money in the air and make it rain on all those with frowns on their faces, just so that I can witness their hidden smiles.

I want to get married in a bounce house on Halloween and play the ukulele while doing the Electric Slide at my prom.

I want to ride a mechanical bull and have a Coyote Ugly bar moment, and I want to Party Rock in Time Square with a flash mob.

I want to climb to the tip top of Mt. Everest and scream to the world my love for life, and then I want to dig my way to China.

I want to do the impossible.

I want to do what they all told me I could never do, just so I can say “Yes, I did it.”

I want to prove everyone and everything wrong.

Because one day, when the world tells me “No, you can’t”, I want to be able to whisper back “Yes, I can. And I did.”

When the world tell you No, have the power to say "Yes I can. And I will."

Honour SILVER said...
on Feb. 8 2012 at 6:34 am
Honour SILVER, New London, Connecticut

Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~John 15:13

"Give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

Be brave and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson

This funny! It does sound slightly like poem, but I still think it rocks! :D

on Feb. 1 2012 at 3:58 pm
TheImaginationOfNessie SILVER, Rosemount, Minnesota

I am someone
I would never have imagined.
A secret.
A dream . . .
body and soul.
Burn me.
Drown me.
Tell me lies.
I will still be who I am.

-Estrella deMadrigal
Spain 1500

Empowered to do the Impossible is fluid, fun, free, flowing, forthright! It provokes a truly Empowering feeling to Do The Impossible, regardless of others' preconceptions. The only alteration I would suggest is rather trivial - to eliminate the 'then' in '. . . and then I want to dig my way to China.'

on Feb. 1 2012 at 7:55 am
Eshshah PLATINUM, Galloway, New Jersey

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep." -Robert Frost

this is awesome! love it! I love the ending, but I agree with dolphin, it does sound poetish- but it is still amazing five stars. hands down.

on Feb. 1 2012 at 6:53 am
readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

This was great. All I can say is, it more than deserved that Editor's Choice :)

on Jan. 21 2012 at 2:40 pm
dolphinportkey7 GOLD, D, Other

"Because I knew you, I have been changed for good" AND "'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

It's perfect, Chanel. :) It perfectly describes you, and perfectly embodies the urge we all have to just be and do. My only thought is that it sounds more like a poem, than nonfiction, but whatevs. XD

on Jan. 16 2012 at 12:53 pm
alluneedislove3, Alice, Texas
Vey, very good! Congrats on the editor's check...by any chance have you written any long works? I would honestly LOVE to read a full-scale novel by you. Your writing is inspiring, at times funny, and at times sad. You have become one of my favorite authors on the site.

on Jan. 12 2012 at 12:02 pm
RayBaytheDinosaur GOLD, Hampton, South Carolina

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

This is so inspiring =) We should be able to do all that stuff without worrying what others think of us... although when you find a way to dig to China through the molten lava at the earths core, let me know xD lols this is wonderfully written though and so true, I'll join you in that flash mob ;D