Stolen

By Mpbeanie GOLD, Middletown, New York
Mpbeanie GOLD, Middletown, New York

"I need you to try. Look around. Everyone is broken. If you continue to wear the label, that's all you'll ever be."

It seems as if the years have gone by quicker than expected and the time we shared now means nothing. It was nearly 2 years ago when we made a three way promise that we'd always be friends and remember the good times we shared.

I yearn so much for the days when we were side by side, inseperable, nothing could come between us. It seems odd that time could be the most deadly object, causing a bond to perish, as if it had never existed at all.

Each birthday and holiday we spent together. My best friend and I were two of a kind, never straying from each other, not even for a moment.

When about a year had passed, we spoke numerous times on the telephone, promising to visit and speak again soon. Months have gone by but I receive no reply. Soon enough, texts come from others stating that they are now above me, as if I had never existed at all.

What friendship can break so quickly? I spent my years always holding the friendship deep within my heart, sharing stories of others, and staring blanking into space as I relived the memories.

How could someone swoop in and steal what I held most dear? The one thing that I counted on most to stay the same and never leave me.

Goodbye old friend is all that can now be said. I hope your days are better than mine. They say if you love something then set it free, so I'll do just that. I hope you did the same.

Today was the day that I said goodbye to the only friend I've known. She's been there with me through thick and thin, but now I've learned that time doesn't heal all wounds, it breaks bonds.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!