The Journey of a Masochist | Teen Ink

The Journey of a Masochist

By DonGiovanni BRONZE, Grifton, North Carolina
DonGiovanni BRONZE, Grifton, North Carolina

You want Don Juan DeMarco, the world's greatest lover, to talk to you? What do you know of great love? Have you ever loved a woman until milk leaked from her as though she had just given birth to love itself, and now must feed it or burst? Have you ever tasted a woman until she believed that she could be satisfied only by consuming the tongue that had devoured her? Have you ever loved a woman so completely that the sound of your voice in her ear could cause her body to shudder and explode with such intense pleasure that only weeping could bring her full release?"
- Don Juan DeMarco

To the common Agliophobic,

I was once like you, so afraid of the omnipresent pain that surrounds us. This fear caused me to be overly cautious in vain, for the ubiquitous pains of this world manifest themselves all too often. That’s when I found out that the thresholds of pain can be moved. There for I exposed myself physically, emotionally, mentally, and socially, to the agonies of the days which so fluidly pass by. I started the day I’d been injured and felt no pain. Then I’d been sliced open by the good butcher and was not afraid. The physical part was over. I’d been disappointed but laughed at It, had been heartbroken but did not sulk instead I forgave. The emotional segment was done. I’d been thoroughly frustrated, I did not give up I instead meditated. I’d suffered from a mental illness but even through today I feel no sufferance. The mental portion was now finished. I’d had my name slandered twice in my life, but they did not bother me for I know who I am. They called me names that didn’t belong to me, I jested with them in great bouts of laughter. The social bit had ended. That’s when I noticed that if things which once brought fear upon me now gave me a neutral feeling, then it can bring me pleasure, so I pushed it. Women where the cause of most of my pain, men a lesser value because their thoughts are of no great value to me. Over time, which brings us to now, I have grown to enjoy pain so love must be for me.

I wrote this piece during my emergence from depression. I hope help others doing so to express their feelings.