The Journey of a Masochist

To the common Agliophobic,

I was once like you, so afraid of the omnipresent pain that surrounds us. This fear caused me to be overly cautious in vain, for the ubiquitous pains of this world manifest themselves all too often. That’s when I found out that the thresholds of pain can be moved. There for I exposed myself physically, emotionally, mentally, and socially, to the agonies of the days which so fluidly pass by. I started the day I’d been injured and felt no pain. Then I’d been sliced open by the good butcher and was not afraid. The physical part was over. I’d been disappointed but laughed at It, had been heartbroken but did not sulk instead I forgave. The emotional segment was done. I’d been thoroughly frustrated, I did not give up I instead meditated. I’d suffered from a mental illness but even through today I feel no sufferance. The mental portion was now finished. I’d had my name slandered twice in my life, but they did not bother me for I know who I am. They called me names that didn’t belong to me, I jested with them in great bouts of laughter. The social bit had ended. That’s when I noticed that if things which once brought fear upon me now gave me a neutral feeling, then it can bring me pleasure, so I pushed it. Women where the cause of most of my pain, men a lesser value because their thoughts are of no great value to me. Over time, which brings us to now, I have grown to enjoy pain so love must be for me.