The safe place | Teen Ink

The safe place

By AllThingsTheatre BRONZE, Vidor, Texas
AllThingsTheatre BRONZE, Vidor, Texas

Here I am,
Running away from life like a coward. No, I'm not a coward I just need time to think.. and to be alone. I'm so confused. I don't understand why she said those things. I thought she was a good friend... Why did she say that about her? I walk closer and closer nearing the vibrantly green woods on the lot next to my house. I don't go here often, I usually don't rely on nature to make me feel better. But now, as I pace the trail along the trees, pulling back holly leaves from my face, I see the sunlight shining directly on me through the trees. I looked up and smiled. It's majestic rays warmed my skin and made me feel- well that's the thing, I can't quite describe it. I felt like crying tears of joy or something! But I didn't - that's for losers. I walked out feeling as if I were in a trance. A trance of happiness. I came to my favorite tree with wooden bars nailed on it and climbed up. I reached the top and felt the summer breeze rustle through my hair. I smiled, as I rested my head on the branch behind me. I knew everything was going to be alright. Nature sure has a way of curing a sad feeling, it was my safe haven. A safe place that waits for me with open arms and comforts me.

This is a true story, it happened a few months ago. Since then, the girl I talked about in the story and I have resolved the problem and are close friends.