My Delima | Teen Ink

My Delima

December 2, 2011
By miniko PLATINUM, Germantowm, Maryland
miniko PLATINUM, Germantowm, Maryland
47 articles 20 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
i never said most of the things i said- yogi berra


In my high school, almost every one goal is to go to college. To be more specific, everyone main goal is to go any place that is 5,000 miles always from their parents. Now, don’t get me wrong, its not like I’m a mommy child that I don’t want to leave them. What I’m trying to say is that everyone I know would rather be anywhere other than our home town. They don’t even want to be in the same state of their home town. I always hear my friends talking about going big places like, Florida, new York and California. Some people would rather go live in Idaho than be in the same city they grew up in. I mean, people would much rather live in a city know for cheese than be in their home town. The worst thing anyone could possibly say is community collage. Its means; yes you are poor and you can only afford community college. It means; yes your grades are so horrible that bigger college cant accept you. To make you feel even more horrible, the college is about 10 minutes from your house. In other words “13” grade; the collage that you’ve been passing by since you were 8 years old. The one that’s just a few blocks away from your current high school. No one wants to be the one stuck in the same place that they been in for over 12 years. Its more than 12 years when you put the wasted years of pre-k together. I mean finger painting was very educational and all; it was very useful when I took art. Learning to color in the lines really helped me pass history class when I had to color the maps. Now if you’ve been reading then you’ve probably figure out that yes, I will be attending community collage. I mean I wont lie, I would love to get out of this place an get some big time experience. The thing is, we cant all just rush into life and do what we want. My reason for going to community college is that its affordable. it’s a two year college that is long enough to cover my required course for college. Its easy access to home, and easy transportation. In the meantime, I can build up my grades, save up more money and learn how to drive. After I’m done with my two year at community college, I would have gain more intelligence, save up more money and transfer to a much bigger school that is 5,000 miles away from my parents. I mean, there’s is only of much of family that you can stand before getting sick of them. For those people who got scholarships to go to bigger school then good for your. Its an amazing opportunity and you shouldn’t waste it. Think about your options and represent the town you came from with a smile on your face.