almost losing my life | Teen Ink

almost losing my life

By keziahseverything BRONZE, Orlando, Florida
keziahseverything BRONZE, Orlando, Florida

good things come to those who wait

All throughout my life I loved the water even when I was one, but one day changed my life. When I was ten my brother was teaching my to surf it had been my first time. When we got in the water I paddled out but went to far . I was ready to get my first wave when . . . . it happened the wave was too strong it took me under. Trying to swim up a jelly fish came and stung my foot and wouldn’t let go. Once it let go when I thought I was going to die my brother comes and pulls me up from the water and brought me back to the shore I was so happy to breathe the fresh air. I was still in pain from being stung and when I looked up my foot was red and bleeding it looked like a pimple that had been puffed up and gross.

Of course I had to go to the hospital they rushed me in. when I was there they ran some tests and said I had to go n to surgery because a form of bacteria had traveled in my skin somehow and they had to get it out quickly. So they made me fall asleep, then I went in I was so scared because my crazy mind thought they were going to cut it off but they didn’t, me and my brother were so relieved that the surgery went okay. My brother called my mom who was in Hawaii at the time she was so worried but glad I was okay.

After two weeks of recovering I was finally able to leave. About three to four weeks after, at my house I asked my mom if I could go to the beach she asked why I said I needed to, she said okay. I was walking when I heard the sound of the waves it sounded so peaceful when I got to the water I remembered that horrible day and how I almost died but when my feet touched the water everything went blank. I went in having no fear of getting hurt again after two hours of swimming, I went to the sand and laid there thinking why did that actually happen to me? What did I do to deserve that? Why me? But then I remembered that we can’t control what happens to us, so when I almost died it was for a reason . . . . . . somehow.

good things come to those who wait

thank you.

Shivam GOLD said...
Shivam GOLD, Lucknow, Other

Its nothing like nothing or all.. its just that how far you climb up the tree before you fall..

Nicely written...... i like the last line...

good things come to those who wait

if love causes pain then write about how painful it is to love i mean thats all i got but im sure you will go far with your writting.

on Oct. 19 2011 at 8:13 am
ShaShaShabrica SILVER, Mattawamkeag, Maine

on my writing love causes pain could you tell me what you think I could do better so then I can improve

good things come to those who wait

thank you and i will

on Oct. 18 2011 at 9:22 am
This was amazing!!!! Hope you post more! :)

good things come to those who wait

i love it