The Stupidity of Society | Teen Ink

The Stupidity of Society

By Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut
Naomi518 GOLD, Windsor, Connecticut

"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light" ~Albus Dumbledore

I'm not saying I'm the smartest person ever. This article probably will have some grammar and/or spelling mistakes, but that's not my point.

It is amazing to me how stupid society has become. I've heard stories about people asking what Hitler's last name was, or who the vice president is.

Just a few moments ago, I was reading a story on this site under the non-fiction section. I decided to read a few of the comments, and came across one that asked if the story was true. This is not something I can make up, this is not something I would ever think possible.

This article may have come across mean or rude, but I did not intend it that way. I just think that there are more important things in life than the most recent video game or Justin Bieber song.

Oh, and for those of you who still don't know, Hitler's last name was Hitler, and the vice president is Joe Biden.

BrightBurningCampeador PLATINUM, Portland, Oregon

I have felt the same way as you many times. My theory: the easiness of life in the U.S. has made many of our generation never realize that there are more important things than Beiber and video games. Also, even if they are intelligent they think it's "cool" or "funny" to act dumb. I think that's even worse than really being dumb.

Good job on an article written well and from the heart!

angelicanXdreamer GOLD, Richmond, Other

By the way, what's hitlers last name?

At certain times where people do not understand my poetry and art, or they cannot grasp mere concepts that I think are obvious to all, I get frustrated, but I have learned to accept this. Because, I know these people have felt that I've also been "slow" on something close to them. 

Katie1234 GOLD said...
Katie1234 GOLD, Velva, North Dakota

"When life becomes more than you can stand; fall to your knees"
"To be normal is to be boring."
"You cannot make men good by law."
"Christians believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God because He said so."
"To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable, because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you."

I applaud both your bravery and your intellect.