Thin Line | Teen Ink

Thin Line

By NatashaRevercomb SILVER, Oxnard, California
NatashaRevercomb SILVER, Oxnard, California

Taste your lips and feel your skin <3

“S***!” “B****!” “W****!”

That’s all I hear. Name after name through anonymous screen names and unknown callers.
The torture, the bullying, the countless bottles of pills. I wish it would go away.
I’m bleeding on the inside. On the outside, I’m just fine.

“Why?” I stupidly ask, “What puts me in those categories?”
No answer. Like usual. I sit there waiting for the caller to respond, instead, they hang up.
The anonymous people who taunt me online never answer my questions; They just harass me even more.

“Look in a mirror, I bet you don’t even see yourself, You see a stripper.”
That’s not even clever, but it hurts.
I looked in the mirror after that, I cried to the mirror, just like they want me to.

Eyeliner is now smudged across my face. Dripping into my mouth. Inside my braces.

I ran to kitchen to rinse my mouth. I got a cup of water, and by instinct, I got the bottle of Tylenol too.

Inside the bathroom is my secret place. My mom yells at me for spending too much time in there. I wish she would open the door for once, and stop me from swallowing.
I wish she would stop for a second to ask what I do in there, I would lie to her, but she would know. I can’t lie. She would know. All too well.

My phone started ringing. “Hello.”
“Hey b****, I heard you kissed my ex boyfriend.”
“I did”
“W****.”
They hung up.

I began to reach for another pill when my phone rang again..
“Hello.”
“ I love you.”
They hung up.

I don’t know who it was. I don’t care who it was. I do know, and do care, that it made me put the pills down. For tonight at least.

If you wouldn't say it in person, Don't say it online.
I'm tired of getting cyber-bullied.