I Want To Be a Kid Again | Teen Ink

I Want To Be a Kid Again

By Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming
Dante_Aleman GOLD, Torrington, Wyoming

Just do you and let the rest blow past you

I am a baby my first breath of life opening my eyes into this new world. I am a baby growing up in a strange place only knowing a few faces. I am a baby eating new foods and growing up listing to his parents. I am a baby getting older as the days go by. I just want to grow up.
I am a small child around the age of ten. I am a small child growing up fast and happy to. I am a small child learning new things viewing the world. I am a small child finding simple trinkets interesting. I am a small child listing to his parents and eating the healthy foods I should. I am a small child going to school and making friends. I just want to grow up.
I am now a pre-teen, almost a teenager. I am a pre-teen starting to mature and study things like history. I am a pre-teen starting to eat what I want and doing whatever I feel like. I am a pre-teen starting to get in trouble. I am a pre-teen getting talked to by everyone about how I should behave. I just want to grow up.
I am now at my present age finally a teenager. I am a teenager listing to rap music and getting in trouble starting to regret my choices. I am now a teenager getting more and more responsibilities. I am a teenager getting more and more things expected out of me. I am a teenager and the only thing on my simple mind is girls and I. I am a teenager and school is getting harder and things get more confusing. I am a teenager wondering what I am going to do when I turn eighteen years old. I am a teenager growing up every day. I just want to be a kid again…

It should be a poem but I love to mix things up.