Don't judge a cat by it's fur | Teen Ink

Don't judge a cat by it's fur

By Sajurasinski BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
Sajurasinski BRONZE, Atglen, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

My hair flew into my face as I got out of the car. I rushed to the ASAPA doors to escape the wind. As I walked through the doors, a gust of unpleasant odors came to my attention. Big cats, small cats, feisty cats, furry cats, and all kinds of other cats were lined up in rows of cages.
There were 3 cats that I loved. My mom said we could only get two. So we toke the cats out of their cages and played with them in a room. One was really small and cute, another was fun and playful chasing everything in sight, and the third cat that I liked had a really beautiful pattern that almost looked pink. My brother wanted to see two other cats, so we took them into the room and played with them too. One was light orange and the other was black and felt like silk.
After seeing all of the cats, everyone but me wanted the orange and black ones. Since I was out voted, we got them. I was very unhappy with this so my mom and brother said I could name them. I said I wanted to name them Mojo and Gingersnap. My family didn’t like those names, so I didn’t even get to name them! My brother named them Apollo and Artimus. I didn’t get to name them or pick them out. I didn’t like Artimus and Apollo at all now.
Artimus and Apollo aren’t really brother and sister but they were in the same cage. They also fight and cuddle like brother and sister. We got home and they explored and played. Then they cuddled up right next to each other on my bed. I fell in love with them right away. I didn’t even care that I didn’t get to name them. This experience taught me not to judge a cat by its fur.