The Story of Us | Teen Ink

The Story of Us

By True1 BRONZE, Champaign, Illinois
True1 BRONZE, Champaign, Illinois

"Not all who wander are lost."

I watched as strangers swirled around me. I tried not to get stepped on and stuck by the door. It was my first day at a new school and everyone else already had their friends. I was a stranger amongst strangers. Then I saw him. He was walking towards me. Turns out we had the same schedule. I looked at him and noticed he had the most perfect eyes I had ever seen. I couldn’t help but stare a bit. By the end of the day we were the best of friends.
Fast-forward one year and I am head over heels in love. But I didn’t want to tell him because he was my best friend and if he didn’t feel the same then our friendship would be ruined. Rumors circulated saying that we were dating and let me put this out there at that time we weren’t. I can remember the day like yesterday. Most of the kids were on a field trip and a group of people were messing with us. You finally told me that you loved me and hoped I felt the same. The next day in P.E I slipped you a note with the words “I love you” written on it.
We spent three blissful months as a couple and the whole time rumors spread like wildfire through the halls. But we didn’t care as long as we were together. Then your mom lost her job and you had to move. I was heartbroken. But now a year after we became “official” we’re still together and I still love you just the same.

This article was inspired by my brilliant, smart, funny, beautiful and perfect boyfriend.