Hurt with a topping of Low Self-esteem | Teen Ink

Hurt with a topping of Low Self-esteem

By artgirl2015 GOLD, Waldron, Michigan
artgirl2015 GOLD, Waldron, Michigan

"Be the change you with to see in the world." -Ganhdi

For as long as I can remember my self-esteem has been low. I'm a chunky kid, so life in gernal has been hard for me. There's been so much name calling and fat jokes directed twords me for as long as I can remember.
There's been so many times I would just like the name calling and jokes to stop for good. I look at my friends and ask am I worth it? Am I pretty? To everyone else I'm pretty but to me, to me I'm just another plain face in the crowd.
Growing up without a dad was hard on me. For as long as I can remember I've looked for male approving. As I grew older and noticed that I wasn't getting the attention that I've been wanting I changed. Now my self-esteem is as low as it can be. It also don't help that everyone I know, it seems they have something to say about me to. I've been hurt countless times in my life, but instead of doing something about it, they just all pile up on top of my self-esteem. Now all I am is a low self-esteem girl, with scars that may keep her from ever trusting again.