There are Diamonds on my Windowsill | Teen Ink

There are Diamonds on my Windowsill

By Splenda BRONZE, Baldwinsville, New York
Splenda BRONZE, Baldwinsville, New York

There are diamonds on my windowsill. It’s night and there is barely any light, but they sparkle like zillions of stars. They are singing to me right now, their bitter- sweet song. They will most likely be gone in the morning, which makes me sad, so I will enjoy their presence for a little bit longer. They are making their own chorus while dancing and flowing to the wind outside my window. I feel cold and I want to cry, but those diamonds outside my window are soothing, so I will take what warmth they give me. A car drove by. The headlights lit up half my window. It was beautiful, a sight to behold. I want to touch those diamonds outside my window. Except if I touch them they will disappear. They are priceless. Some people wish for even a handful of these diamonds, so I count myself lucky for my eyes to look upon them in their brilliance of the night. For some reason they are giving me a sad but content feeling. I wonder why. I wonder, what do other people think of when they watch the rain?

i was laying on my bed looking out my window one night and it was raining