when i was fourteen

By , Portland, OR
I was fourteen when I was adopted. My moms came to Haiti and pick me up. I did not speak any English. When she tries to talk to me all I could hear was blah, blah, blah. I look at her with a sally face, than she tries it in Creole. It was better but I still had trouble understand her. The kids threw me a party with all Haitian meals because they think it was my last day to eating Haitian food. The next day in early morning my mom and I went to the airport ready to lives. In Haitian time when they tell you “your flight will be living in 15 minutes” don’t rush, just take your time because you will be waiting for 30 extra minutes before your flight actually live. We climb in the airplane and I was really nervous. It was my first time flying in an airplane. I felt my heart was trying to run away from me. My heart was beating so fast. But everything turns out to be okay. When we arrive to United States we went to Florida. My mom’s brother Brandon picks us up at the airport. He was really handsome, probably 5.8 feet tall, blond hair and big bleu eyes like the ocean. When we went outside it was like a whole new world. It was clean, smelled well. Trees were everywhere and the sun was shiny. We went to the mall because I needed cloth. I came with only two outfit .My mouth was wide open looking around. I was really excited to finally be with my mom after 11 month of waiting for my adoption papers to finish. The next day on April 9 2007 we went to Brooking OR. At the airport the rest of the family was waiting for me. My two younger sisters, my dad and my grandparents were waving at me as I was get off the airplane. There were welcome home balloons for me. I can’t tell you how happy I was. After all the welcoming we drove home to my grandparents house. When we got there I had pizza for the first time. It was the best pizza ever. I had my own room for the first time. Six months after that we went to Spain, I was fourteen.

kerline said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 12:02 am
i remember those days!!!! fun