The Fire and the Water Bottle

Last week when I went to Mark’s house we were sitting by the fire pit. It wasn’t the first time we had done it but it was always fun to stare into the flames. We each had a bottle of water that we had since we had gone walking through the neighborhood a few hours ago. I didn’t drink any of mine but I brought it with me anyway. While we were sitting near the fire, Mark says, “Hey Thoran, throw the water bottle.” We had just finished putting some sticks into the fire and I was very confused. He followed up by saying, “Be a man and just throw it!” What I didn’t know was that he wanted me to throw it to him. He said for me to be a man and throw it instead of walking the bottle over to him.

Of course I had no idea what he was talking about.

I put a confused look on my face and threw the bottle of water into the fire. Mark’s eyes suddenly widened and he jumped to get the plastic out before it melted all over the metal grate and the water spilled. Unfortunately he used his hand, and had gotten it singed by the flames. I quickly took a marshmallow roaster that was heating some marshmallows and fished the bottle out before its carcinogens flooded the air. Fortunately the roaster was so hot, that when it touched the plastic, the plastic immediately warped and created a hole. It was similar to cutting butter with a hot knife. I fished the bottle out and threw it onto the cold stony patio. Mark ran up the stairs to the house, stopped in his tracks, and turned left towards the grass and stuck his hand in a pile of mulch next to a tree All I said was, “Oops.”

999994 said...
nice writing keep it up

Stars said...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 8:16 am:

I can imagine the look on Mark's face when you threw the bottle in the fire.

Really funny. Good witing!