Snow Day

BEEP BEEP BEEP! The alarm clock was ringing! I got out of bed and walked over to my desk and turned it off. It was 6:30 in the morning, and I was very tired. It was very dark outside, and I couldn’t see anything! I walked over to the bathroom and almost tripped over a stool because I didn’t look where I was going. My mother was already awake and told me to go take a shower because I was going to be late to school. I took a shower for about ten minutes, and then I came out and took my towel and dried myself. Then I went to my backpack and put all my books in so I wouldn’t forget anything when I went to school.
I walked to the kitchen so that I could make myself some cereal, because breakfast is always good for you. My mother says that if you eat breakfast, you get lots of energy in the day. I ate and waited for about half an hour. My mother still wasn’t downstairs to drop me off at the school bus, so where was she? I went to my parents’ bedroom and saw my mom sleeping! She must have gone back to bed!
I woke her up and said, “I'm going to be late to school!”
She turned around and said, “Go look outside.”
I went to the window and opened the curtains. It was lighter now and I could see outside. But I didn’t see the black road or the green grass. I saw white everywhere. There was snow on trees, roads, and even my basketball hoop! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I figured out my mother had tricked me! She wasn’t really sleeping, she was just pretending. It was a snow day and I didn’t have any school! I ran up to my mother and hugged her, because I was so happy. She gave me a jacket, boots, a cap, and some gloves and told me to play in the snow for a little while. It was really fun but really cold, and I came inside after an hour. My dad was sitting at the table with two hot chocolates, and one was for me! I drank my hot chocolate really slowly so it would last longer, and I felt warm again. It was one of the best snow days ever! Here’s some advice, always check the weather when you think there could be some snow, because you never know what could happen!

Amorous Elephant said...

:-) Ah the joys of being young and carefree.

I don't know what's more beautiful: a) no school day moment b) mom tricking c) hugging mom d) playing in the snow or e) dad, lovingly waiting with a chocolate.

This is dripping with innocence and sweetness.  I'll take another serving :-) 

SKapoor said...
Very nice..... Yep, those school days

stars said...
Very vivid writing, I can imagine the look on your face when you saw the snow outside! The last paragraph is awesome. Good job!

Tara said...
LOL! good ol' school days!!  :-).