Snow Day

BEEP BEEP BEEP! The alarm clock was ringing! I got out of bed and walked over to my desk and turned it off. It was 6:30 in the morning, and I was very tired. It was very dark outside, and I couldn’t see anything! I walked over to the bathroom and almost tripped over a stool because I didn’t look where I was going. My mother was already awake and told me to go take a shower because I was going to be late to school. I took a shower for about ten minutes, and then I came out and took my towel and dried myself. Then I went to my backpack and put all my books in so I wouldn’t forget anything when I went to school.
I walked to the kitchen so that I could make myself some cereal, because breakfast is always good for you. My mother says that if you eat breakfast, you get lots of energy in the day. I ate and waited for about half an hour. My mother still wasn’t downstairs to drop me off at the school bus, so where was she? I went to my parents’ bedroom and saw my mom sleeping! She must have gone back to bed!
I woke her up and said, “I'm going to be late to school!”
She turned around and said, “Go look outside.”
I went to the window and opened the curtains. It was lighter now and I could see outside. But I didn’t see the black road or the green grass. I saw white everywhere. There was snow on trees, roads, and even my basketball hoop! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I figured out my mother had tricked me! She wasn’t really sleeping, she was just pretending. It was a snow day and I didn’t have any school! I ran up to my mother and hugged her, because I was so happy. She gave me a jacket, boots, a cap, and some gloves and told me to play in the snow for a little while. It was really fun but really cold, and I came inside after an hour. My dad was sitting at the table with two hot chocolates, and one was for me! I drank my hot chocolate really slowly so it would last longer, and I felt warm again. It was one of the best snow days ever! Here’s some advice, always check the weather when you think there could be some snow, because you never know what could happen!

Tikki said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 11:21 am
Really nice words, sweet to read

Ruchi said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:57 am
Very well written,good job.

Jya Dala said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:52 am
Excellent and Pure and refreshing

Sadhna said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 10:16 am
Nicely written. keep it going

sallysunshine said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 9:44 am
Good one... pls keep writing.

gottipalli said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 9:31 am
Well written, but can do better in describing that beautiful morning feel.

James said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 8:26 am
This story takes me back to the school days, the best feeling of joy I had was when someone told me I wasn't going to school that day. Nicely described article. Well done!

Srini said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 8:21 am
Keep writing. Good work.

EdwinMadari said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 8:07 am
So much innocence. The time when kids did not think about what they are doing the next day, and did not think about the weather. Oh those Precious days!

Srima said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 8:01 am
Nice Job Sunny.  I love snow days too :)

Vishal Singh said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 7:45 am
Its always nice to have holiday :) Nice work.

ckumar said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 7:04 am
I can imagine the joy the snow days bring during schooldays. Well expressed and interesting read. Keep it up!!

Nina said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 6:32 am
Good job with the writing! Looking forward to reading more stories. You have a very nice way of expressing yourself. Not everyone can do that. Keep it going!

Daisy said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 6:30 am
Beautifully written! Your advice at the end is very helpful :-)

Padma said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 4:32 am
Good one... Reflects a kids thinking very well.

---- said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 2:17 am
very well described. Relived hw it feels to go to school on a cool day.

Ashokblaster said...
Hey ... this is a good one too ... keep up the writing !! I would like to read something about relationships between parents and children too ... Great Job again !

Banguluru Man replied...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 12:18 am
Cool stuff and very clean and expressive article. Keep the good work up...

RJ 123 said...
Very expressive.  Keep it up.

Subbu said...
Very well written. This is time to enjoy. Have fun.