Snow Day

BEEP BEEP BEEP! The alarm clock was ringing! I got out of bed and walked over to my desk and turned it off. It was 6:30 in the morning, and I was very tired. It was very dark outside, and I couldn’t see anything! I walked over to the bathroom and almost tripped over a stool because I didn’t look where I was going. My mother was already awake and told me to go take a shower because I was going to be late to school. I took a shower for about ten minutes, and then I came out and took my towel and dried myself. Then I went to my backpack and put all my books in so I wouldn’t forget anything when I went to school.
I walked to the kitchen so that I could make myself some cereal, because breakfast is always good for you. My mother says that if you eat breakfast, you get lots of energy in the day. I ate and waited for about half an hour. My mother still wasn’t downstairs to drop me off at the school bus, so where was she? I went to my parents’ bedroom and saw my mom sleeping! She must have gone back to bed!
I woke her up and said, “I'm going to be late to school!”
She turned around and said, “Go look outside.”
I went to the window and opened the curtains. It was lighter now and I could see outside. But I didn’t see the black road or the green grass. I saw white everywhere. There was snow on trees, roads, and even my basketball hoop! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I figured out my mother had tricked me! She wasn’t really sleeping, she was just pretending. It was a snow day and I didn’t have any school! I ran up to my mother and hugged her, because I was so happy. She gave me a jacket, boots, a cap, and some gloves and told me to play in the snow for a little while. It was really fun but really cold, and I came inside after an hour. My dad was sitting at the table with two hot chocolates, and one was for me! I drank my hot chocolate really slowly so it would last longer, and I felt warm again. It was one of the best snow days ever! Here’s some advice, always check the weather when you think there could be some snow, because you never know what could happen!

Apoorva said...
The writer displays a very keen eye for detail. The article reminds readers of personal experiences which they might have had in similar situations. Well written. :)

TGundala replied...
Thank you so much!

i love bacon said...

THAT was really funny

TGundala replied...
Thank you so much!

Ganapa said...
Neatly written article with great clarity. Really enjoyed reading the whole article from start to finish!!

TGundala replied...
Thanks a lot!

i love bacon said...
wow that was really good i love stories like that

TGundala replied...
Haha thanks!

princess101 said...
Good Job! The story kept my attention the entire time. I really enjoyed it and though that it was really funny.

TGundala replied...
Thanks for your support :)

2kids said...
LIke sombody said... good old school days. No school when it rains or snows.

TGundala replied...
Yes, haha. I tend to get a lot of snowdays :)

Mishika said...
Ha ha...so you woke up to a snowy morning, well atleast you got to play!

TGundala replied...
Haha yes I did and it was great!

Aarti said...
yea !! well written and so exciting :) 

TGundala replied...
Thanks so much!

Vijay said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 11:30 am
well written...remembered by school days,

TGundala replied...
Haha thank you!

whackyvenky said...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 11:21 am
This kid has a natural flair for writing. Not many can express their thoughts and feelings so seamlessly, and make the reader associate with it. This story, though short, says many things... specially about parenting... In an age when parents allow their kids to sleep late on a holiday, I love the fact that this mother had the kid wake up early and go out to play in the snow. An hour of physical activity specially on a snowy day is so good for the kid's body, mind and soul. Touché. 

TgTermin8r replied...
Haha thanks a lot! I have written an article about older siblings versus younger siblings, as well as the parenting involved. It is being approved as we speak so stay tuned for more!