Snow Day

By TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

BEEP BEEP BEEP! The alarm clock was ringing! I got out of bed and walked over to my desk and turned it off. It was 6:30 in the morning, and I was very tired. It was very dark outside, and I couldn’t see anything! I walked over to the bathroom and almost tripped over a stool because I didn’t look where I was going. My mother was already awake and told me to go take a shower because I was going to be late to school. I took a shower for about ten minutes, and then I came out and took my towel and dried myself. Then I went to my backpack and put all my books in so I wouldn’t forget anything when I went to school.
I walked to the kitchen so that I could make myself some cereal, because breakfast is always good for you. My mother says that if you eat breakfast, you get lots of energy in the day. I ate and waited for about half an hour. My mother still wasn’t downstairs to drop me off at the school bus, so where was she? I went to my parents’ bedroom and saw my mom sleeping! She must have gone back to bed!
I woke her up and said, “I'm going to be late to school!”
She turned around and said, “Go look outside.”
I went to the window and opened the curtains. It was lighter now and I could see outside. But I didn’t see the black road or the green grass. I saw white everywhere. There was snow on trees, roads, and even my basketball hoop! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I figured out my mother had tricked me! She wasn’t really sleeping, she was just pretending. It was a snow day and I didn’t have any school! I ran up to my mother and hugged her, because I was so happy. She gave me a jacket, boots, a cap, and some gloves and told me to play in the snow for a little while. It was really fun but really cold, and I came inside after an hour. My dad was sitting at the table with two hot chocolates, and one was for me! I drank my hot chocolate really slowly so it would last longer, and I felt warm again. It was one of the best snow days ever! Here’s some advice, always check the weather when you think there could be some snow, because you never know what could happen!

I wrote this when I was very young, my mom tricked me into thinking I had school when I didn't!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:34 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Thanks so much for your support!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:33 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Thank you!! Your encouragement is appreciated!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:33 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Thank you very much!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:32 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Thanks for the support!

akshara 1998 said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 11:22 pm
amazing sunny !!! simply loved the story !!! keep it up !!!

SAI K said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 7:47 pm
Very good...You are enjoying this time snow to the fullest.

rashmirattan said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 7:39 pm
Wow !Sunny you are good story teller .You didn't miss any detail of a usual snow day.Good work ! Keep it up!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 7:31 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Haha thanks a lot! I have written an article about older siblings versus younger siblings, as well as the parenting involved. It is being approved as we speak so stay tuned for more!

hgund said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 7:16 pm

it was funny when your mom tricked you well written keep up the good work

AV Ram said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 7:11 pm
Awsome....It was fun to read it....write more pls....

Apoorva said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 6:59 pm
The writer displays a very keen eye for detail. The article reminds readers of personal experiences which they might have had in similar situations. Well written. :)

on Jan. 20 2011 at 3:47 pm

THAT was really funny

Ganapa said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 3:47 pm
Neatly written article with great clarity. Really enjoyed reading the whole article from start to finish!!

i love bacon said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 3:42 pm
wow that was really good i love stories like that

princess101 said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 3:03 pm
Good Job! The story kept my attention the entire time. I really enjoyed it and though that it was really funny.

2kids said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 1:50 pm
LIke sombody said... good old school days. No school when it rains or snows.

Mishika said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 12:52 pm
Ha ha...so you woke up to a snowy morning, well atleast you got to play!

Aarti said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 12:25 pm
yea !! well written and so exciting :) 

Vijay said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 11:30 am
well written...remembered by school days,

whackyvenky said...
on Jan. 20 2011 at 11:21 am
This kid has a natural flair for writing. Not many can express their thoughts and feelings so seamlessly, and make the reader associate with it. This story, though short, says many things... specially about parenting... In an age when parents allow their kids to sleep late on a holiday, I love the fact that this mother had the kid wake up early and go out to play in the snow. An hour of physical activity specially on a snowy day is so good for the kid's body, mind and soul. Touché. 

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!