Snow Day

BEEP BEEP BEEP! The alarm clock was ringing! I got out of bed and walked over to my desk and turned it off. It was 6:30 in the morning, and I was very tired. It was very dark outside, and I couldn’t see anything! I walked over to the bathroom and almost tripped over a stool because I didn’t look where I was going. My mother was already awake and told me to go take a shower because I was going to be late to school. I took a shower for about ten minutes, and then I came out and took my towel and dried myself. Then I went to my backpack and put all my books in so I wouldn’t forget anything when I went to school.
I walked to the kitchen so that I could make myself some cereal, because breakfast is always good for you. My mother says that if you eat breakfast, you get lots of energy in the day. I ate and waited for about half an hour. My mother still wasn’t downstairs to drop me off at the school bus, so where was she? I went to my parents’ bedroom and saw my mom sleeping! She must have gone back to bed!
I woke her up and said, “I'm going to be late to school!”
She turned around and said, “Go look outside.”
I went to the window and opened the curtains. It was lighter now and I could see outside. But I didn’t see the black road or the green grass. I saw white everywhere. There was snow on trees, roads, and even my basketball hoop! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I figured out my mother had tricked me! She wasn’t really sleeping, she was just pretending. It was a snow day and I didn’t have any school! I ran up to my mother and hugged her, because I was so happy. She gave me a jacket, boots, a cap, and some gloves and told me to play in the snow for a little while. It was really fun but really cold, and I came inside after an hour. My dad was sitting at the table with two hot chocolates, and one was for me! I drank my hot chocolate really slowly so it would last longer, and I felt warm again. It was one of the best snow days ever! Here’s some advice, always check the weather when you think there could be some snow, because you never know what could happen!

Natsuho said...
May 6 at 12:15 pm:
It was fun reading this! It reminded me of the snow days we had and how everyone was checking the snow day calculator every day. I think you expressed your feelings very well! I can imagine your face when you saw the snow outside. I especially like the last paragraph. It was so sweet how your mom woke you up so that you could go play in the snow and how your dad got you hot chocolate after that. I could tell how your parents think about you alot. So sweet :)

Sketched97This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Why do you write comments for yourself? This isn't even very good. Try varying the sentence lengths. You also have some grammar issues.

annie2323 said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 1:09 pm:
i loved it!

aishu said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 6:01 am:
perfect...............   i loved it.............. i wish my day could be like that

aishu said...
Feb. 12, 2011 at 5:57 am:
perfect........... !I loved it........  

MB66 said...
Jan. 24, 2011 at 8:28 am:
Reminds me that snow days provide endless possibliites. Story expressed happy loving family.

Droid said...
Very well written...

siva said...
Excellent !!

Nash said...
Excellent...Keep it up and would love to see more wrritings from you

mb66 said...
Jan. 22, 2011 at 10:35 am:
I liked the suspense, anticipating what mischief the boys were getting into, then the turn around to the healing presence of nature.  

jayashree said...
Very nice....

akshara 1998 said...
amazing sunny !!! simply loved the story !!! keep it up !!!

TGundala replied...
Jan. 21, 2011 at 3:32 pm :
Thanks for the support!

SAI K said...
Very good...You are enjoying this time snow to the fullest.

TGundala replied...
Jan. 21, 2011 at 3:33 pm :
Thank you very much!

rashmirattan said...
Wow !Sunny you are good story teller .You didn't miss any detail of a usual snow day.Good work ! Keep it up!

TGundala replied...
Jan. 21, 2011 at 3:33 pm :
Thank you!! Your encouragement is appreciated!

AV Ram said...
Awsome....It was fun to read it....write more pls....

hgund replied...
Jan. 20, 2011 at 7:16 pm :

it was funny when your mom tricked you well written keep up the good work

TGundala replied...
Jan. 21, 2011 at 3:34 pm :
Thanks so much for your support!