Snow Day

By TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight

BEEP BEEP BEEP! The alarm clock was ringing! I got out of bed and walked over to my desk and turned it off. It was 6:30 in the morning, and I was very tired. It was very dark outside, and I couldn’t see anything! I walked over to the bathroom and almost tripped over a stool because I didn’t look where I was going. My mother was already awake and told me to go take a shower because I was going to be late to school. I took a shower for about ten minutes, and then I came out and took my towel and dried myself. Then I went to my backpack and put all my books in so I wouldn’t forget anything when I went to school.
I walked to the kitchen so that I could make myself some cereal, because breakfast is always good for you. My mother says that if you eat breakfast, you get lots of energy in the day. I ate and waited for about half an hour. My mother still wasn’t downstairs to drop me off at the school bus, so where was she? I went to my parents’ bedroom and saw my mom sleeping! She must have gone back to bed!
I woke her up and said, “I'm going to be late to school!”
She turned around and said, “Go look outside.”
I went to the window and opened the curtains. It was lighter now and I could see outside. But I didn’t see the black road or the green grass. I saw white everywhere. There was snow on trees, roads, and even my basketball hoop! I couldn’t believe my eyes when I figured out my mother had tricked me! She wasn’t really sleeping, she was just pretending. It was a snow day and I didn’t have any school! I ran up to my mother and hugged her, because I was so happy. She gave me a jacket, boots, a cap, and some gloves and told me to play in the snow for a little while. It was really fun but really cold, and I came inside after an hour. My dad was sitting at the table with two hot chocolates, and one was for me! I drank my hot chocolate really slowly so it would last longer, and I felt warm again. It was one of the best snow days ever! Here’s some advice, always check the weather when you think there could be some snow, because you never know what could happen!

I wrote this when I was very young, my mom tricked me into thinking I had school when I didn't!

Natsuho said...
on May. 6 2014 at 12:15 pm
It was fun reading this! It reminded me of the snow days we had and how everyone was checking the snow day calculator every day. I think you expressed your feelings very well! I can imagine your face when you saw the snow outside. I especially like the last paragraph. It was so sweet how your mom woke you up so that you could go play in the snow and how your dad got you hot chocolate after that. I could tell how your parents think about you alot. So sweet :)

on Dec. 23 2012 at 10:51 pm
Sketched97 PLATINUM, Silver Spring, Maryland
Why do you write comments for yourself? This isn't even very good. Try varying the sentence lengths. You also have some grammar issues.

annie2323 said...
on Jul. 26 2011 at 1:09 pm
i loved it!

aishu said...
on Feb. 12 2011 at 6:01 am
perfect...............   i loved it.............. i wish my day could be like that

aishu said...
on Feb. 12 2011 at 5:57 am
perfect........... !I loved it........  

MB66 said...
on Jan. 24 2011 at 8:28 am
Reminds me that snow days provide endless possibliites. Story expressed happy loving family.

Droid said...
on Jan. 23 2011 at 3:01 pm
Very well written...

siva said...
on Jan. 23 2011 at 2:49 pm
Excellent !!

Nash said...
on Jan. 23 2011 at 2:25 pm
Excellent...Keep it up and would love to see more wrritings from you

mb66 said...
on Jan. 22 2011 at 10:35 am
I liked the suspense, anticipating what mischief the boys were getting into, then the turn around to the healing presence of nature.  

jayashree said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:44 pm
Very nice....

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:38 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Haha thank you!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:37 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Thanks so much!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:37 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Haha yes I did and it was great!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:36 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Yes, haha. I tend to get a lot of snowdays :)

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:36 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Thanks for your support :)

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:35 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Haha thanks!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:35 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Thanks a lot!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:35 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Thank you so much!

TGundala GOLD said...
on Jan. 21 2011 at 3:34 pm
TGundala GOLD, Somerset, New Jersey

Thank you so much!

Swoon Reads

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!