So I Walk... | Teen Ink

So I Walk...

December 14, 2010
By yirui7 BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
yirui7 BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

As I was walking downstairs, I was rubbing my eyes from my two-hour nap. It was evening when my two dogs, Peanut and Miley, greeted me with a few licks on my toes. It was about time for their daily walk. So I walk…

The breeze outside gave a tingle to the hairs on my arms. The grass was green and the sky was blue. Clouds looked like cotton balls perfectly scattered across the sky. It was the perfect summer day. So I walk …
Branches were swaying with the wind. Crickets were chirping along the sidewalk. Birds sung their hearts out on top of treetops. Their voices filled the neighborhood with music. So I walk …

A squirrel was enjoying an acorn in the middle of the sidewalk. He glanced at my dogs and dashed for the closest tree nearby. So I walk…
In a front yard lay a white cat with black spots. The cat triggered unpleasant memories from my past. So I walk…

I observed one of my neighbor’s front porch. There were two statues of a little boy holding an umbrella standing next to a little girl singing. So I walk…

Flowerpots added a spice of color to neighbors’ houses. I remember when I was little my mother and I would plant flowers in our garden in the backyard. So I walk…
Coming to the end of my walk, I heard a whistle and saw football players were still having practice at the end of my street. My neighbor’s children were playing the game of Red light, Green light. So I walk…

I walk into a house filled with the smell of my mom’s cooking. It was the perfect last day of summer. Fall arrives with cold currents, which means no more long walks. So I walk…


The author's comments:
I took a walk one day and realize the beautiful world we live in.