My Justin Bieber Experience: Who Knew He Would be at My Mall? | Teen Ink

My Justin Bieber Experience: Who Knew He Would be at My Mall?

By CaitlinHorannn BRONZE, Memphis, Tennessee
CaitlinHorannn BRONZE, Memphis, Tennessee

It was July 30th, the day before Justin Bieber would be having a concert in Memphis, Tennessee. I would be attending the concert with my best friend, Hollynn. The day before the concert was a Friday, so I was super excited! As soon as I got home from a long day of school, I got on the internet. I checked my Face book, then my Twitter. I saw that Justin had recently tweeted. He said ‘finally in Memphis.’ I have to admit, I almost fell out of my chair. This was the day BEFORE the concert, and he was already here?! I called Hollynn and told her all about what I had just read. She, being a bigger Bieber fan than I was, screamed. “Hollynn, we need to go to the mall!” I told her. Something inside of me was saying that I needed to get out of the house and be somewhere public. At first, she didn’t want to go, but I finally talked her into it. She asked her grandma, and being the nice person she is, her grandmother agreed. I quickly got ready, and my mom drove me to meet Hollynn and her grandma at the mall. I started telling Hollynn about how I had a feeling that we should be here. What if Justin was here?! It was an outrageous thought, but I just had to check. Hollynn and I were goofing off and pointing everywhere, saying things like “I wonder if Justin’s in Claire’s?” or “I bet that’s him eating a donut!” We were on the second floor of the mall when I stopped and looked at her. “We know how to find him if he is here,” I told her, “Just look for a big crowd of girls!” We rounded a corner and stopped dead in our tracks. “Just like that one.” I said to her pointing a few feet in front of us where a huge crowd of people were gathered outside of a store. We jogged forward to see what all the commotion was about. A random man walked up to us and asked us if we knew what was going on. Hollynn started jumping up and down saying “Maybe its Justin Bieber!” I told her to think rationally. As we started getting closer, we noticed that the crowd was in front of Lids, a hat store. We also noticed the security bars were down, blocking everyone from entering the store. We pushed our way closer to the gates, jumping up to see inside the store. I over heard a girl on the phone saying “I swear Becky, he is right here! I’m looking at him!” Some of the girls started moving out of my way so I could see better. That’s when I thought I spotted Chaz Somers, Justin’s best friend from Stratford. I turned to Hollynn and asked her if that was Chaz, but she couldn’t see a thing. I lifted her up over the crowd and she gave a little squeak. She had spotted Justin Bieber. I put her back down, and she immediately started crying. I admit, it was very embarrassing, but I couldn’t blame her. I knew how much she loved him. Me being the idiot I am, walked away from the store and called my mom! Who on Earth calls their mom when they see a celebrity? Apparently, I do. The security guards eventually started pushing the crowd back away from the store. They started lifting the gates and the whole crowd erupted into screams, including Hollynn. Justin slipped out, along with Chaz, Ryan Butler, his mom Pattie, and his bodyguard, Kenny. The guards did a pretty good job of holding the girls back, but a few of them went the opposite way and started chasing after him. Hollynn just pushed her way past the guard and started running straight towards Justin. I chased after her, not wanting her to attack him, because trust me she would. She was just inches from grabbing onto him when I grabbed her shirt and pulled her back. She was pulling against me, towards Justin, screaming at me to let her go. I tried calmly telling her I couldn’t because I didn’t want to get kicked out of the mall. Justin and the rest of the gang reached a fire exit and left. Several girls went outside to try and find him, but I’m sure he was long gone. Hollynn continued crying for about thirty minutes after he was gone. I recorded her crying in the food court and put it on YouTube. It has about 3,000 views. Hollynn and I will never forget this amazing experience, even if we didn’t get to personally meet him.

I wrote this to share my experience with others. I love to read about other peoples Bieber experiences, so I thought maybe, somebody out there would like to read mine.

omg!!! i would die if i saw justin bieber in a mall i would chase him to china to c him!!!

Secrect214 said...
That is amazing that you almost like got to meet him! I personally have not quite an obsession. but i do really like Justin Bieber.  its a secrect my friends think i would be just like you were in the story. and i would be inf i was around my friends. But if i wasn't i would be like ur friend, Hollynn. hahaha :) sssshhhh!

ke123 said...
same with me

ke123 said...
i don't like justin but that's just my opinion, my sister is NUTS over him!!!!!!!!!

i dont reely like him but i kind of do like him

livkota said...
OMG i would probably faint if this happened to me!

on Jan. 15 2011 at 11:37 am
AshleyNicole1995 GOLD, Queen City, Texas

Whatever is lovely...think about such things.-Philippians 4:8

This is so cool!! :D

Green Day said...
on Jan. 2 2011 at 12:34 am
This sounds like an awesome experiance, that almost every girl in the world would one day like encounter... now I dont like justin beiber personally... no offense... but I could really sympathize with hollynn. If I ever meet the lead guitarist and vocalist of Green Day ( Billie Joe Armstrong) I would possibly cry or pass out!!! LOL I think your experiance is awesome and should be something that could be either treasured for ever as a good memory or as a REALLY great day at the mall!!! But Understanding were hollynn coming from and how i'd react to billie joe. I wouldnt be to embarrassed LOL :)