How do I Forget? | Teen Ink

How do I Forget?

By writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas
writerinfinity PLATINUM, Arlington, Texas

“Mommy, can you check for monsters under my bed?” I asked when I was 3 years old, as I clutched to my mother’s arm.
I remember that day, that was 12 years ago, and I was about to ask the same thing, except the monster was memories of a boy.
“Mommy, how do I forget about him? How do I forget about that monster that broke my heart? How do I forget the days that we spent laughing? How do I forget my love for him? How do I forget all those days that I spent thinking he’s the one? How do I forget about all those tears I cried when he was sick? How do I forget the way he looked at me that one summer night? How do I forget his dreamy, blue eyes? How do I forget his amazing blonde hair and that angel soft touch? How do I forget mommy, how?" I asked clutching her arm just like I did when I was 3 years old.

on Dec. 13 2010 at 6:20 pm
Thanks very much

on Dec. 13 2010 at 6:19 pm
Thank you very much, I'm glad that you enjoyed my story.

on Dec. 13 2010 at 5:16 pm
ErisRose DIAMOND, Ashburn, Virginia

Omnia vincit amor et nos cedamus amori- Love conquers all let us yield to love
Sweat Dries, Blood Clots, Bones Heal, Suck it up and dance!
If they give you ruled paper, write the other way

I loved this piece, and you are definitely a very good writer. The emotions were so tangible, and i loved how you related this to childhood.

on Dec. 13 2010 at 3:04 pm
SecretSasha SILVER, Cibolo, Texas

"It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop"

I love the emotion, and the childhood memory. I wish I could hide under a blanket like a child sometimes, wishing it could still fix everything. :) Good piece!