The True Heroes In Life | Teen Ink

The True Heroes In Life

November 9, 2010
By rundontwalk SILVER, Perth, Other
rundontwalk SILVER, Perth, Other
8 articles 8 photos 18 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Go within and scale the depths of your being from which your very life springs forth."

-Rainer Maria Rilke


I lay here listening to Dashboard Confessional thinking, wondering. About life, about defeat, about victory. There is so much struggle in life, so much to overcome, to defeat. There are situations in life where you see yourself standing at a crossroad, needing to decide which path to take, to give in or to fight, it is then that it is all up to you. Many people choose to give in and not to fight because it is the easier option, but why? It is because they are too scared to fight, too scared that if they try they might fail, but those few that do fight, that fight for their lives despite being scared and reach their victory, they realise that all the pain and suffering was worth the success. It is these people, the ones that fight despite being scared that are the true heroes in life.

So here I lay listening to Dashboard Confessional thinking, wondering. About life, about defeat, about victory…


The author's comments:
I hope that poeple that read this will realise something about themselves. Realise that they are the heroes, or even the cowards. I once was the coward, running scared, but writing this piece made me realise and change that. I really just hope people feel something when they read this, that's really all I can ask for.