Real Me | Teen Ink

Real Me

By RunsForJoy SILVER, Winnipeg, Other
RunsForJoy SILVER, Winnipeg, Other

The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all.

What colour would my soul be? Would it be the same murky brown as my hair, my eyes? Would it just be an average colour just like me? I am as normal as normal can get. You could walk right by me and not give me a time of day because I am just a nameless person walking the other way. I am average, I am invisible. Everyone is no one to someone. That doesn’t mean we average people don’t have thoughts, feelings, souls. Every soul is different, a different colour, a different look and if we stripped off that outer picture you would get the real you. People would become attracted to the good while the bad would keep on hating. Even then though, the nameless will still be unnamed. There are too many people out there to become acquainted with, but it doesn’t matter. As long as I live my life to its fullest extent I should have no fear of dying because I’ve accomplished myself. I’m different, awkward, and real, you may get me or you may not. I hope you do but if you don’t, that’s unfortunate for you. I’m happy and sad at the same time, I don’t know who I am but that’s no reason for me to leave it still hidden. I am down to earth, with my feet firmly on the ground but it doesn’t mean I don’t dream of flying. The most important thing about me though is you can never tie me down and sew me closed. I have layers upon layers that are unfolded every step of the way. This is the real me.