No Regrets! | Teen Ink

No Regrets!

By AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other

School life has ended. As I leaf through each event of my past 10 years of schooling, I come across some very sweet, bitter, spicy, tangible, venturesome memories with a tincture of experience, fun and frolic in all.
Power breakdown here, slow music whispering in my ears—I sit by my bedroom window, enjoying the smooth and calm air whipping against my hair, I recall and gradually savor memories of all kind. Partly preoccupied with the grin that appeared on my radiant face, I realize I won’t be able to get back to my school life ever again. I still remember my last day at school—how dearly students were hugging each other, taking solemn promises that they’d stay in touch in the life ahead and bidding farewell after exchanging contact numbers, address and email IDs.
I witnessed few small-hearted students weeping and sobbing as well. I also wanted to cry (or at least shed a tear), but I couldn’t; perhaps because I was more excited about the college life that awaited me. Even at that very sentimental moment of our departure, I was unable to pour out my heart.
People met me as strangers, became friends in no time and left me one day with the last hand shake. It’s as if our friends accompany us with hands in hands in some walk across a bridge, eventually part at the other far end—gifting us some memories to browse through at some time in our lives.
My college has now started, new friends, new surroundings—more to explore! But as I take time out from my busy schedule and turn around to glance at my past, I understand I didn’t really feel the intensity of the moments at that time. I was jovial about exploring more and excited about my upcoming days—“whoa…”
I was rather thoughtful about the future I was going to live than the time which was passing by, perhaps.
Now that my earlier present is my past, I realize the “taste” I missed out at that time. But I believe; my past is bygone, my future is to arrive—I better live the present!
I do cherish the memories I treasure in my mind, but I won’t waste another moment donating my present to past. I want to live the moment that’s slipping away from my hands now. I don’t want to miss it out. No regrets!

AnumK SILVER said...
on Aug. 22 2011 at 6:27 am
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other
Lol. May you have all your dreams fulfilled and the long journey would prove itself a happy and blissful one! Thanks for the comment! :)

AnumK SILVER said...
on Aug. 22 2011 at 6:26 am
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other
I definitely am, and will keep on, writing for myself and my readers. Thanks a lot for the prayers and words of praise, Malik!

AnumK SILVER said...
on Aug. 22 2011 at 6:24 am
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other

I wrote it after around two months of spending my time in AKHSS, K. Surely, writing for me is also sacred and something to be taken way seriously!

Thanks for your appreciation.

on Aug. 21 2011 at 10:10 pm

Loved it. Loved it. Can't wait to have the perfect end to my school life, and the perfect start to my college. Long way to go, and big dreams to reach out for!

Your Bro.

Raza said...
on Aug. 20 2011 at 3:21 am

I agree with zainab, You should consider writing for any journal or something, plot is always perfect which makes readers amused and excited. Wish you good luck. Happy Writing :)

Cheers

Zainab said...
on Aug. 19 2011 at 6:04 am

This one is also outstanding. I wonder when did you write it... after your first year had just started or later? Youu can be a famous writer, Anum. Just keep writing to hone this sacred skill. Yes, for me writing is really something scared. :)

Love

Ms. Zainab

AnumK SILVER said...
on Nov. 3 2010 at 11:06 am
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other

Thanks Ahmed.

I'm happy you liked reading it.

ahmed said...
on Nov. 3 2010 at 12:29 am

you are mind blowing... you wrote this article by your heart.

I really liked...!!!

AnumK SILVER said...
on Oct. 10 2010 at 11:49 am
AnumK SILVER, Karachi, Other
Yeah..school life can't be forgotten no matter what!! :)

dj_roxtar said...
on Oct. 9 2010 at 11:35 am
school life is really school life miss those class cuz school frnds all r with me always bt still this piece maked me thnk in the past nyc1 anum i tell u 1 thng aesa article meine b likha tha boht pehle (:

Malik waseem said...
on Oct. 9 2010 at 12:02 am
yar what a mind blowing article i hope u ll write more nd more nd im with you may god bless u Ameen :)