My Opinion on Love | Teen Ink

My Opinion on Love

September 7, 2010
By kellieanne17 SILVER, Boynton Beach, Florida
kellieanne17 SILVER, Boynton Beach, Florida
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

I'm afraid of falling in love.
I'm afraid of meeting a wonderful, amazing man someday, and spending all my time with him, and having him to thank for all the happiness and warmth in my life. I'm afraid of dating said man for years, building a relationship that is strong and intimate both emotionally and physically. And then one day, having him get down on one knee and present me with a ring, which would lead to me throwing my arms around him and saying "Yes!" through tears, would bring us together on an even closer level. Standing at the altar, saying our vows, looking him in the eyes and softly saying, "I do." Adopting a couple of children and giving them a better life. Spending decade after decade adding more chapters to our never-ending adventure. Laughing, crying, fighting, reminiscing, loving, just with this one man.
And then, one day, he'll be gone, or I will. And whoever is left on this Earth is going to be alone, motionless, silent, completely broken inside. People die, but love never does.

Love is endless. And it scares me so much.