Blood and Butter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Plane lands. Hustle, bustle, get the luggage! Zip, zap, up down, all around. Escalator, elevator, escalator, out. Out into the fresh city air of Foggy Bottom. Thump-thump, thump-thump: heart and suitcase wheels over brick-lathered sidewalks. Look down – butter stain on cotton shirt. Look up – flash! shine! sparkle! crystal windows, clear glass eyes of towers that scrape the sky. Whoosh! Swoosh! Cars slip scrape slide past. New, fast, crazy world. Stick your head out of the quiet of home and there is a different definition of beauty. Down again – scarlet droplet of blood bubbles on thumb. Forget. Backpack strap sinking into craning neck. Heft and remember: blood. Too late. Blood and butter smeared on cotton shirt.

BellelaVie said...
Dec. 7, 2010 at 12:32 am:
Yep, definatly you!!

AbbyQ This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 7, 2010 at 1:47 am :
And what is that supposed to mean, hermanabellelavie? hm? 

BellelaVie replied...
Dec. 7, 2010 at 9:16 pm :

hermanawhat? its sapposed to mean exactly what it is sapposed to mean!

ImaginedangerousThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Pretty good- but why is she bleeding?

AbbyQ replied...
Dec. 3, 2010 at 1:00 am :
Thanks for the comment! "She" is actually me, and I really don't remember why I was bleeding. I think I caught my finger on a sharp edge on a handrail in the subway station, but I'm not sure...

hopeIShereThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
woah...this is really fast-paced, i think thats wat i liked the most tho. really good!

Dec. 3, 2010 at 1:03 am :
Thanks! I am not a city girl- I've grown up in small towns my entire life, and I wanted to capture the overwhelming rush of entering a big city. According to you, I have succeeded!