Life Starts Now | Teen Ink

Life Starts Now

By Kaylarebekah131719 PLATINUM, McDonough, Georgia
Kaylarebekah131719 PLATINUM, McDonough, Georgia

*(ending to Faith) I told myself that, if I avoided him at all costs, I'd be okay; so I did, and I was, and he never game back.
* More than we rely on other people, we rely on other peoples ignorance.
*Just a little thank you, to all the morons that led me to learning to write well; you are the razors of the pen that draws the blood I write with. I owe it all to your mistakes.

The sun sets on a cloudy day, bursting through the storm to alight the world in the fire of its departure; and as the sun sinks past the edge of the moment, it sends one last ray of light through to the world. We all see this and rejoice in its perfection and as it casts the world’s shadows on the ground, it creates such an intricate array of beauty that the people of this planet gasp in awe and forget all the languor and fear they just so recently clung too. And then it's gone. No light. No color. Just dark. But as the night takes over, we all must keep a keen eye on the horizon, for it is understood the each of us eagerly awaits the rekindling of the fire of serenity back into our lives. And thus, the countdown has begun. Not everything can be peaceful and wondrous all of the time; the darkness must always return to contrast the light. But we will watch, and we will wait, and as the sun rises on a new day, a new moment, we will all whisper to ourselves, "live starts now."