"The World from a Different View" | Teen Ink

"The World from a Different View"

By peacelovejesus BRONZE, Mechanic Falls, Maine
peacelovejesus BRONZE, Mechanic Falls, Maine

Photography is my ultimate fixation, a desire made true in ways one may think were impossible. I can no longer control the thoughts and pictures that form in my head. It's as if the subject is calling me, screaming my name for someone to catch the beauty that it tries ever so hard to stow away. Unseen by most eyes, it is over looked day by day. Someone must capture the loveliness and the allure of this world. You know if you look closely enough, really look deeply into it, one may find that the the world itself isn't that much different than ours. A broken world, a broken soul, we have have made the regrettable mistake of perjuring ourselves. Unlike us, the world can't defend itself. Someone must capture its beauty for it, and that's where I come in. Camera in one hand, eye through the lens, looking out into the world, I begin to snap pictures one by one. Slowly, but surely the true colors of its magnificence begins to show. Asking me to live without photography would be like asking me to hold my breath. Impossible.