B-Boy =D | Teen Ink

B-Boy =D

May 10, 2010
By B-boy.Prodigy BRONZE, Menifee, California
B-boy.Prodigy BRONZE, Menifee, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Hit it and quit it and say you never did it"


One day at school, I was invited to my friend’s house because he wanted to show me how to break dance.
“Yes,” I hollered. Immediately, I asked my mom if she would take me.
“Yeah, sure,” she said.
As soon as my mom pulled up to the house, I had a sudden feeling of excitement.
“Call me when you are done,” she snickered.
“Okay Mom, see you later,” I proclaimed, getting out of the car ready to learn something new! Immediately, I walked up the steps and rang the door bell.


The door opened, “Oh. Hey man! You ready? ,” my friend Leon asked.
“Yeah,” I answered back.
So we headed upstairs to stretch and to put some “tight” music on. We both decided that we should “battle” to see who is better than the other. By the end, we we’re exhausted. Out of nowhere, Leon pulled a move I’ve never seen before. I had lost.

“Ha-ha, don’t worry man. I’ll teach you some moves,” Leon said.
“Alright,” I replied.

Days passed and I was improving. As soon as I had Leon’s moves down, I was “breaking” with people twice my age. I had accomplished a lot in so little time.

Some time later, I had woken up with a good feeling as if I had won a million dollar contest. As I was arriving at school, my friends and I had met up at our “kick it spot.” As the day passed by, school was “lame” like always, until my friend dared me to back flip off a wall. I had a rush of excitement to meet the challenge. As fourth period ended, I was thrilled!
When I went out to see the wall I was going to flip, I got kind of nervous!
“Don’t worry about it, you got it,” Leon answered.
Before I knew it I was in air. Out of nowhere I landed it, I was excited; it was pretty ‘tight”.

Another day at school, we were just “kicking back.” Then a girl came up to us to invite us to a party. We all thought and agreed to perform at the party. Weeks passed, we practiced and practiced until we had a good dance routine. We showed up at the party.
“You guys ready?” Leon questioned.
“Yea!” everybody shouted.
Finally we got up on the stage and preformed, before we knew it we were done. The crows cheering loudly!

“Good job, yeah,” the crowd cheered.
We we’re done! That was a pretty fun night. I had finally found something I’m good at in my life, out of all the things I could have been it was dancing!


The author's comments:
i wrote it about something exciting i did.