Is That Selfish? | Teen Ink

Is That Selfish?

By alisaysroar GOLD, N. Kingstown, Rhode Island
alisaysroar GOLD, N. Kingstown, Rhode Island

"Weighed down under the shallow sunrise, the radiance seeping through my aqua ceiling, and reminding me that I chased my own demise--we've all constructed our own ends with the illusions of beginnings."

Would it be selfish if I sat here for a few minutes to tell you every single thing I could possibly want? Would it be selfish to keep it in? Would it be selfish if I didn't tell you and you wanted to know? Would it be selfish to keep it to myself? Even if I wanted so badly to tell everyone.

Would it be selfish to say that I am, indeed, not who I seem? I am neither witty nor fierce. I am not as mean as I intend to be. I am not everything I seem, no matter how believable.

Would it be selfish to say that I am only a fraction of what I show? I only open the door a centimeter and yet, you think you've seen the whole room. You think you know me, when, truth is, you have no f***ing clue.

Would it be selfish to want people to know me? Would it be selfish to want them to care?

Would it be selfish to be happy?

Would it be selfish to not tell anyone how I truely feel, just to protect them?

Would it be selfish to want to write something, so beautifully tragic, that everyone feels something with reading it?

Would it be selfish to want someone to understand me, just a teensy, tiny, bit?

Would it be selfish to just have everyone leave me alone?

Would it be selfish if I didn't want to be here right now or even anymore?

Would it be selfish to ask for a little help?

Just a little bit?

Is it selfish to want a better life than I already have?

Is it selfish to not want one at all?

Is it selfish that I am upset because I cannot figure myself (or anything else for that matter) out?

Is it selfish that I am upset because I cannot express how I feel?

I don't know how to write words enough to describe anything anymore.

I don't know how to write words enough to tell anyone what's wrong.

I don't know how to do anything anymore, really.

Is it selfish?

Would it be selfish?

Is that selfish?