For all of your problems Ms. S | Teen Ink

For all of your problems Ms. S

By Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas
Katie_Potatie PLATINUM, Leavenworth, Kansas

There are no regrets in my life; because there is no time for mistakes. -(ME) Katie quote

Dear Ms. S,
I thought since you were going through such a tough time, that I would think of some of my favorite quotes that seem to fit and hey, maybe they’ll help.

-“Life is about trusting our feelings, taking chances, losing and finding happiness, appreciating the memories, and learning from the past.”

I know you feel horrid for thinking what you do about you new school situation, but sometimes, you just have to go with your gut. Taking that risk of St. Louis not living up to your expectations is worth it and we both know that. Warren was a place that filled your heart with joy and now your within an environment that doesn’t even come close to satisfying that need, so is it really worth not taking a risk?

-“You just have to go after what you want and if it doesn’t want you back, then so be it. It doesn’t deserve you anyway.”

If St. Louis is what YOU want, then go for it, but not for anyone other than yourself. Like I said, stop thinking about everyone else. Not you’re Mom. Not Melanie (sorry Mel!!). Not your students. Not me. Not a single soul, but your own. Think about what your heart truly desires; it’ll take you where ever you belong.

-“Don’t take life to seriously; nobody gets out alive anyway.”

You are always stressing constantly about your students and how you never think your giving them enough. Just stop! You give them too much!! You are always on top of everything. All I can say is just give them a reality check. Stop giving them everything on a silver platter. Make them realize how much you really do for them. They obviously are too hard headed and stubborn to realize what they have, so give them “a day in high school”. Karma is one beautiful thing. =D

-“Life is like photography; we use the negatives to develop.”

No, "said school" isn’t your kind of school. It’s not your kind of place, it’s not your kind of school, and their definitely not your kind of people. I completely understand. One day and I could just feel it. In my opinion, and I know this is going to sound bad, but it’s almost like a cult. It’s so sickening to watch them all interact and be so “involved” in each other’s lives because they’ll never know anything different. They’ll always think its okay to be in everyone’s business, but you have to take the bad with the bad and turn it into something somewhat…..pleasant. I know you hate it dear, but with what you have now, make the best of it.

-“Life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it.”

You have to take each thing as it comes, Ms. S. Let those kids think what they want and let them fool around. Let them ruin their grades and their reputations. Let them think they’re going to “be okay” and let them think high schools gonna be a piece a cake, because one of these days you’re going to get a friend request from one of those kids that never cared and you’re going to get that choice to click “accept” or “ignore”. And either way you’re going to win because that accept button is going to hold the biggest apology possible and that beautiful ignore button is going fill you with so much pride. Let your parents have their opinion on you and let Melanie support you just like she always does. Just let life take its course.

-“Everything is always okay in the end. If it’s not okay, then it’s not the end.”

Whether life takes you to St. Louis or back to Michigan or decides to keep you in Kansas, it will all be okay. Happiness is something that just pours out of you and I know that where ever you go it will follow. You will eventually end up in the place that you belong so don’t rush it.

-“It’s not about where you go in life; it’s about whose by your side that makes it all worthwhile.”

You have to know that I am always here for you. I know I’m just a child and I know my words probably don’t mean as much as Melanie’s or any other adult’s, but it does seem like my words have a big effect at times. I feel like my words have meaning and you take them to heart. I love that you can confide in me. And Melanie!! Oh my goodness!! You have to know how much she loves you. Heck, you spend every second you can with her. =) She’s such a sweet girl and she loves you more than anything. We would both do anything for you and no matter what happens; we are both here for you. I guarantee it.

-“In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back.” –Charlie Brown (Mr. R!)

No matter how hard you try Ms. S, you aren’t going to be able to make any decision very easily. The pain is going to kill you. You can think about Melanie and where she is, and you can think about your students and what they want. You can think about me and Leavenworth in general, or you can think about your parents and what they think of you, but no matter what, YOU and what YOU want is the only think that will ever matter. We won’t change anything, only you can. So, now this is your decision to make. I love you to death and I hope I helped a bit. Good luck in all that you do.

Love Always, Katie

This woman is my rolemodel, my life, my ex-english teacher, the woman i adore. =) This is me helping her out a bit.....