My Lantern

The dream to achieve is everyone’s dream. It is a goal, what we strive for. We reach for the stars with one hand and we grab hold of the moon with another. The sun might shine brilliantly upon us, but our soul is the lantern that sparks to life when the darkness conquers our hopes. Our lantern breaks through and our hopes are released. Our darkest fears vanish through space and time and we grow to know our fears as reality. The reality we wish we knew once ago. We dream to achieve the goal we strive for. It is what keeps us rolling along our highway lighted by our own lantern and the moon and the stars, when they all come together to touch and hold hands for eternity in our hearts.

sunnyhunny This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i mean song!  sorry!

elfiewrites said...
wow wow wow!! I love this. Good job! Keep writing! If you get the chance, please comment on my latest article, "My Mentor." Thanks so much

Nice job.  I can tell that a lot of thought went into this.  I think that this would be a great inspiration for a poem!

monkeegirl007 said...
Post a comment please