Grief | Teen Ink

Grief

By AzizaManga BRONZE, Can&#39t Say, Oklahoma
AzizaManga BRONZE, Can&#39t Say, Oklahoma

"It's true what they say, you can't go wrong with pudding."

People often go through various griefs, like losing a family member or breaking up with someone that they liked. The different types of grief are : Shock, Denial, Anger, Bargaining, and Acceptence. Even if it's often hard for that person to get over it they will....eventually. I've learned this the hard way on three seperate occasions in my life. For one thing, a cousin of mine is gone. He was only 20 years old and he ended up leaving his fiancee and their child behind, but me and my family are glad. Not in a worldy way but we're glad because we know that he's in heaven right now watching over us.

I loved my cousin so much, despite not really getting to see him more. I am unable to remember the sound of his voice, but I can remember his smile. And right now my sacrifice for him to is to try my best to be happy and to smile and get on with my life because that's what he would of wanted. Even though my Loss of my cousin who I treated like my brother is gone, I will always love and admire him.

There are somethings that I remember about him, like the way he used to chase me and my brother around our old yellow house. How me and him would watch cartoons when we were younger and he would always let me sit in his lap. Those were the happier moments of my life with my eldest cousin, I only wish that I had a chance to say goodbye before he was gone.

...