Forget the Tears This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

When I was a little girl, I asked my mother why she never cried. With a glassy look in her eye, she replied “Because when you grow up, things happen that break your heart. Sometimes we just forget how.” I was more confused than ever. How could you forget something as simple as crying? As I've grown, I've realized that my mother was right. A tear is not what it was when I was younger. It used to be a way of letting go of my emotions, of saying good-bye and never thinking about them again. Now a tear is an open door for liars and heartbreakers. I've forgotten how to cry too, Mom.

ChowD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
probably. my mom was more about hiding her feelings. i guess moms are all different, aye?

xxkennedyxx013 said...
this is very good...i feel like this is very true...my mother cries tho when she sees me hurt she will cry with me. maybe its just to make myself feel better?

ChowD This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...