New Kid on the Block | Teen Ink

New Kid on the Block

By Carne27 BRONZE, Middletown, Delaware
Carne27 BRONZE, Middletown, Delaware

Have you ever realized how on the first day of school, that there is always that one new kid who is quite weird or creepy or that everyone makes fun of? Well I was that one kid one time. And trust me once you’re that one kid, either there ain’t anyway of being different or it’s hard to find someone to take your spot.

It was my first day of school in Delaware and I was the new kid on the block. So the first day I wore like a suit with black sneakers. Now you’re probably thinking that I was wearing a black tuxedo with a white shirt. But you are so wrong. I was wearing black pants a red shirt and a brown tuxedo. Now how do you like wearing a non-matching suit? Then when I got on the bus I realized that there was a khaki and red shirt uniform. So now, I stood out like a neon green fish. That’s just great, you know. School was weird that day. Everyone laughed and avoided me. No one wanted to talk to me. Then at lunch I sat by myself, until some people felt sorry for me. I just hate it when people feel sorry for you so they hang out with you. You know then you think your day just can’t worse. Well you’re wrong! It does. The teacher forgets your name on roll; you have to sit all the way in the back of the room because there are no more seats left. Well that just sucks. My day went downhill from there so it’s like you can’t have a much worse day than that. Well you can but not in 3rd grade.