Be me? | Teen Ink

Be me?

By Melonn PLATINUM, Phoniex, Arizona
Melonn PLATINUM, Phoniex, Arizona

change your life

Democracy... while it lasts is more bloody than either aristocracy or monarchy. Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide.
John Ada

I lied down and put my hand behind my back. I could squeeze some fat on it and yet I am not fat. I have always thought that I should lose weight or make myself pretty. I know deep down inside that I am not fat; I am a regular freshman girl. So why do I feel like I should change for someone who’s a stranger? I make myself think low of me and it hurts. So when that one day when that boy started teasing me I snapped. I didn’t beat him up or slap him or anything like that. I went home and cried. Was I really that bad? I thought of starving myself or putting loads of make on. I weighed only 103 pounds. But than after a day of crying and suffering I thought why should I even care? But then in a way I do. But then again I changed my mind and I would ignore anyone who made fun of me or made me feel bad. Now after a month I feel so much better. And the most important thing is that I feel beautiful in a way. I love myself now and I am happy. I feel that there is someone like I was and I just want them to know that there is someone who loves you, you just have to find the right person. But most of all, love yourself. If you don’t love yourself then no one will fully love you. Be strong. Be smart. Be you.