What's Holding You Back??? | Teen Ink

What's Holding You Back???

By JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina
JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina

\"Love is strange, powerful, and sneaky. You won\'t know it until you find it...and when you have it, never let it go!\" ~JordanNicole

I’m holding myself back. Deep down inside I know that I want to be a musician! But on the surface, I feel like nothing I do will be enough. Singing is my passion, I sing all the time. But something in me just tells me,
“Give up the dream and find a new one. You know you won’t be the next Martina McBride or Carrie Underwood. You’ll never get anything accomplished.”
I don’t know how I can get free from myself. I want it so bad, but that voice inside my head is holding me back. My voice.

Thanks for commenting on this piece :) Hope you liked it... Please check out some of my other pieces.

on Nov. 13 2009 at 10:16 am
unwrittenlove DIAMOND, Mount Berry, Georgia

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be" -anonymous

I can relate......i love art. i mean absolutely love it. I draw all the time, but something tells me that i will never be good enough to get into art school.....so i can totally relate :)

Thanks to all those who've alreay read this article....but I need some feedback. Just post a comment on how it effected you and/or how you can relate to this article.