The evil that will forever weaken me. | Teen Ink

The evil that will forever weaken me.

By MorganPayne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois
MorganPayne GOLD, Chicago, Illinois

He reminded me of evil. Something that pulls you in and you can't resist it. Thats evil, and everything about him was irresistible, at that moment. He brought me down and I didn't have the strength or courage to get back up. I pictured him to be someone else, i pictured myself to be somewhere else, somewhere safe where I didn't have to be afraid to live and make mistakes. Evil, as i would like to call him, didn't show emotion- or sympathy for that matter. I didn't show emotion but the sympathy was floating in the tears that i wiped away so the emotion that I wanted to show was invisible. Even if those tears were to fall, and even if he were to ask me if i was alright-i would show no emotion and silently nod my head. Because that was the effect evil had on me; as strong as I imagined myself to be... he was ten times stronger and I fell. But I didn't resist it, nor did he retrain. The consequences for this moment in time were beyond repair for me. Trusting in someone is a faintoption, believing in myself is a struggle, and faith that there is something better out there for me isn't a possibility. The aftermath of this incident is irreparable internally for me, but for evil- i'm sure he recovered. The truth is, i'm not fully recovered. My first time meeting and experiencing evil, I was and still am 15 year olds. It came, passed through and broke me. I'm procrastinating picking up the pieces because the strong girl I thought I was is lingering deep down inside of me waiting for someone to pick her up out of the darkness that evil embedded her in. I'm unsure of what the future will bring, but the truth is-i'm scared of life because eventually evil will come back and it will break me again. However, if it doesn't come back, the events that took place will forever replay in my mind because evil is unforgivable and the memories are not disposable. And these memories will forever hold me back from trust,forgiveness,courage,strength,and faith. Evil will forever be remembered, no matter what- it will never allow me to gain my strength back.

In British literature class, we had to do an assignment called "truth paper". Our teacher told us to "write our truths". And said nothing after that. So what i wrote about- was myself. I kept it classroom appropriate so the things I really wanted to say, i didn't. So i would like to redo it on here.